A new way to buy another company

Banking and Finance DLC for Capitalism Lab
derekg52
Level 2 user

Re: A new way to buy another company

Post by derekg52 »

I appreciate you responding! So what you suggested is what I do now, it just takes forever to get control.

I understand and appreciate the concern about gameplay balance which is why I was suggesting several ways so that it doesn't have to be a "global" change if it doesn't fit what you guys want the game to play like. That said, I do think it could be a neat feature if other companies were doing the same exact thing though.

In terms of the whole gameplay challenge, the challenge can also evaporate if I jump out to an early lead in an industry and have an impenetrable cash flow coming in. If this were implemented I would probably balance it out either by doing the delayed start or something similar.

Thanks again.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

FYI, you may check out a related topic: http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =42&t=4086
kazenorin
Level 3 user

Post by kazenorin »

David wrote:You let the game run for a certain amount of time, the stock price will have a correction and you will be able to buy the next 5% at a lower price.
Can we have a target price auto purchase implemented instead?

In the real world, this is very common, we set a target price of a certain stock, then short/long them when it triggers.

I'm also looking forward for a proper bid-ask based stock market, but that's probably a DLC in itself (part of Banking DLC maybe?)
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

I too have always wanted to have a tender offer option. Buying 5% at a time totally skyrockets the price, especially in later stages of the games when 5% cost into the billions.

One possible solution that I think would be a great addition and help keep the challenge of the game in play, set up Anti-Trust regulations. We already have these "SEC Rules" that limits stock purchasing; perhaps we expand on this. For instance, if I'm running a Co that holds 45% of the Computer market share and am trying to buy out another that has 35% of the Computer market, perhaps the acquisition is only approved if I "spin-off" parts of the acquired company. This way I can't just go around buying Co's to have market dominance, but instead have to grow the company to those levels organically.

In this idea basically, the player would be given a list of assets of the company has and what those assets produce (i.e. list of factories with the products produced by each)and then from this the player would select which assets were acquired. The game would then calculate based on the player's selects the effect on the market. If the effect is that the player's Co would dominate a new market then the acquisition would be denied and the player would have to change the mix. The end result is the player would obtain some assets from the transaction and then a new spun-off Co would come into existence that would still be competitive in the market.
meRlinX_AT
Level 3 user

Post by meRlinX_AT »

David wrote:You let the game run for a certain amount of time, the stock price will have a correction and you will be able to buy the next 5% at a lower price.

As for your suggestion for tender offer, we will consider it.

But our view is that having tender offer will just lower the difficulty level of the game, as it is already possible to buy out other companies in the current version, albeit at a higher price. From gameplay perspective, it may lead to short-term satisfaction of being able to acquire companies more easily. But it will possibly negatively affect the long-term playability because once the player has acquired all the companies he wants to acquire, the challenge is gone and the game will become boring.
+1
Win 7 Pro / Cap Lab 4.4.19 + Sub DLC

* I'm not an native English speaker - maybe some phrases or words are not the "yellow from the egg".
derekg52
Level 2 user

Post by derekg52 »

Is it possible to have this considered? It's been another 9 months since the last discussion. Thanks.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Perhaps you could post this as a suggestion for the Banking DLC which is still at the early stage of development. I have just created a new forum for the Banking DLC at viewforum.php?f=52
derekg52
Level 2 user

Post by derekg52 »

Thanks David I added it to Gary's thread of ideas.