How to make Capitalism Lab use more Computer Resources?

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
AlphaBeta

How to make Capitalism Lab use more Computer Resources?

Post by AlphaBeta »

Hi,

Whenever I use Capitalism Lab it seems the program is not optimally using my PC resources. I have around 128GB of RAM with an OC Intel® Core™ i9-7900X X-series Processor (13.75M Cache, up to 4.30 GHz) and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti. Whenever, I run Capitalism lab the program runs in 32bits, does not even use 1GB of RAM and does not even use the graphics processor (even after I assign it to be my preferred graphics setting). Is there a way to make the program use a specific amount of RAM, Graphics cores, etc...? In other words, how can I make the Capitalism lab program more resource hungry?

Thanks!
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: How to make Capitalism Lab use more Computer Resources?

Post by David »

Capitalism Lab does not use the 3D graphics processor as it displays 2D graphics only.

As for the RAM usage, it uses whatever amount of RAM it needs for running the simulation. Having more RAM that it actually requires will not lead to any performance gains.
AlphaBeta

Post by AlphaBeta »

Okay, thanks David! Is there a 64bit version or it is not needed as performance is the same?
Njeroe
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Post by Njeroe »

My guess would be that this game uses all the resources it needs, I assume you don't have any issues with the game slowing down? 32-bit applications can use around 3GB of RAM so it doesn't seem limited by this and therefore a 64-bit version would not make a difference. I also don't think the game engine would support 64-bit since it is from around 2000/2001, mainstream processors only started using 64-bit processing later around 2003/2004. The most important thing is if the game performs well using more resources is unnecessary for this kind of game.