Grafics and Glitches galore

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
LuisWolfe

Grafics and Glitches galore

Post by LuisWolfe »

I dont know whats going on, but Capitlism Lab isent working for me.

In windowed mode, it sometimes shows a black screen with sound, and when it dosent, it dose that weird grafical thing where the mouse is visable, but everything else isent and I have to use the mouse to "scratch" away the screen before to see the next one.

In full screen, it just outright crashes.

Ive tryed the deliting config thing, but that dose nothing. Ive tryed useing conpadablity settings, but they cause the game to crash outright.

Im at a loss. Ive been all over the forems looking for an anser and cant find one.

Please help!

Update: Now Ive tryed everything, patch after patch, fix after fix, nothing works.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Grafics and Glitches galore

Post by David »

I would suggest that you reinstall DirectX from Microsoft web site and see if it will resolve the problem.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... g=en&id=35

If the above does not work, you may try updating your nVidia graphics card driver as well.

You may download the latest nVidia graphics card driver from:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download
LuisWolfe

Post by LuisWolfe »

Reinstalling DirectX dident really do anything as I already had the latest one, but I still did it to see if that changed anything. No dice.

I also run on Intel HD Graphics, not nVidia. That being said, I've ran Capitalism Lab on Intel cards before without any problems.

I aso, as of late, got it to run on Virtual Box Windows XP. Granted Quality and performance is kind of bluh becuse its a game, running on a computer, running on another computer, but its playable. I wonder if it has anything to do with some Windows 10 features.

Anyways, hope we can find a fix for this. Playing it on a virtual machene is a bit of a pain.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

You may try the following solutions:

SOLUTION 1:
1) Right-click on the Capitalism Lab icon to open the properties window.
2) Select the “Compatibilities” tab and check the Windows XP Compatibility option.
3) Enable the option "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings."
4) Enable the option "Run this program as an administrator."
5) Run the game.

SOLUTION 2:
On the Capitalism Lab launcher, you will see the option “Force running in 1024x768 full screen mode.” (below the [Login] button). Please select that option before clicking on the [Login] button and see if it will run the game successfully.

SOLUTION 3:
If you are using any anti-virus software that runs in background, you may try temporarily disabling the anti-virus software for a short period of time like 15 minutes and run Capitalism Lab and see if it works. There is a possibility that the firewall of such anti virus software may block the game’s communication with the game server. If it resolves the issue, you could add Capitalism Lab to the exception list of the anti-virus software.

SOLUTION 4:
Try downloading and installing the post-release beta version of Capitalism Lab. It is a newer version and install on a different folder and it may work for you.

Download link:
http://12299.cdn.beyondhosting.net/capl ... taller.exe
LuisWolfe

Post by LuisWolfe »

Well, I already know solution 1 and 2 dont work for me. They both cause the game to crash. Might have to try 3 and 4 after work and see if they work and update you if they do.