advertising internet companies/script question

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab

advertising internet companies/script question

Post by guest »

is it just me or does advertising internet companies(video streaming,search engine etc) do absolutely nothing in terms of gaining more market share/users?

also about script if i set player expertise on lets say operating system to 100(or any digital age product), it doesnt work at all?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: advertising internet companies/script question

Post by David »

is it just me or does advertising internet companies(video streaming,search engine etc) do absolutely nothing in terms of gaining more market share/users?
We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) Which Internet company you are having issues with (not able to gain market shares)?
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or email the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

also about script if i set player expertise on lets say operating system to 100(or any digital age product), it doesnt work at all?
We will look into this.

Post by guest »

1) the latest 5.0.05
2)its literally all of them, it doesnt make a difference if i advertise a streaming service/video sharing site/search engine or any others, the advertisement doesnt have any effects, as in 0 dollars spent on advertisement is as good as spending millions every month - i dont get an edge over my competitors by spending huge amounts of money to advertise my services
Also the AI doesnt advertise their services at all.
3)it happens in the base game (im using subsidiary and digital age dlcs) without any mods
David

Post by David »

guest wrote:1) the latest 5.0.05
2)its literally all of them, it doesnt make a difference if i advertise a streaming service/video sharing site/search engine or any others, the advertisement doesnt have any effects, as in 0 dollars spent on advertisement is as good as spending millions every month - i dont get an edge over my competitors by spending huge amounts of money to advertise my services
Also the AI doesnt advertise their services at all.
3)it happens in the base game (im using subsidiary and digital age dlcs) without any mods
We will improve this in the next patch v5.0.06.
David

Post by David »

The next version 5.0.06 will support defining the player character's software and Internet expertise using a script.

For details, please see:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/scripts/sc ... expertise/

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:15 am.