AI produces good without having the required supply

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
Nevca

AI produces good without having the required supply

Post by Nevca »

Hello,

I just encountered the following bug:
Electronic Components are made from Copper, Silicon, and Steel. I've just acquired more than 75% of Sony and then I saw they already have a factory producing Electronic Components, but there's no supply of Copper in the game right now (by no supply I mean that there's no corporation except mine that produces Copper, and no Seaport that sells it either). In their factory Copper is shown in red and there's no supplier attached to it but still they produce Electronic Components.

Another thing I found weird is that if I try to set the supply to my Copper mine, I cannot "see" any of my semi-products available when I am in their factory. I can see them when I'm in one of my factories. Is this a bug also or is it supposed to be this way?

I'm playing Capitalism Lab 4.4.31 + Subsidiary DLC + Real World mod 11.23, attached the save game I'm talking about.
Attachments
NEVC_003.rar
(5.28 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: AI produces good without having the required supply

Post by David »

Electronic Components are made from Copper, Silicon, and Steel. I've just acquired more than 75% of Sony and then I saw they already have a factory producing Electronic Components, but there's no supply of Copper in the game right now (by no supply I mean that there's no corporation except mine that produces Copper, and no Seaport that sells it either). In their factory Copper is shown in red and there's no supplier attached to it but still they produce Electronic Components.
There are inventories of copper that the factory has bought before, which are indicated by green bars on the manufacturing unit's box on the 3x3 grid.

When you let the game run for a while, the existing stock of copper will be used up and the manufacturing process will stop, like what is shown in the attached screenshot.

Another thing I found weird is that if I try to set the supply to my Copper mine, I cannot "see" any of my semi-products available when I am in their factory. I can see them when I'm in one of my factories. Is this a bug also or is it supposed to be this way?

Which semi products were you referring to?
Attachments
mft.jpg
mft.jpg (431.55 KiB) Viewed 867 times
Nevca

Post by Nevca »

Thanks for the fast response.
Which semi products were you referring to?
All of them. For example, in the same factory of my subsidiary (Sony), when I try to link that Copper purchasing unit to my mine, I go and select my corporation in the filter so I can see only my firms, but none of them are being shown.
David

Post by David »

Setting the city filter to "All Cities" will allow you to see all the available suppliers (please take a look at the attached screenshot).
Attachments
copper.png
copper.png (66.46 KiB) Viewed 851 times
Nevca

Post by Nevca »

I know that, although I'm new to the forum, I've been playing Capitalism 2 and Capitalism Lab for years.

The three filters were set to "all" but I was unable to see any of my factories or mines, not just the Copper mine.

I'm not on my PC now but when I have the chance I'll upload some screenshots.
David

Post by David »

Actually the screenshot I posted above was from the save game file you sent me and there is a supplier of copper on the list.
Nevca

Post by Nevca »

And here's my screenshot from the same save game (and I have a Copper mine but it's not on the list):

screenshot.png
screenshot.png (776.61 KiB) Viewed 821 times
David

Post by David »

You could press F2 to switch to "All Suppliers" and you will be able to see the copper mine.
Nevca

Post by Nevca »

Yes, I should, but I don't. I can't see any of my firms. This is clearly a bug.

screenshot.png
David

Post by David »

Please enable the Group sale mode, as shown in the screenshot and it will resolve the issue.
Attachments
copper2.jpg
copper2.jpg (171.7 KiB) Viewed 807 times