DLC Digital and City Economics

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
Cassius
Level 2 user

DLC Digital and City Economics

Post by Cassius »

Hi,

I don't know if this is meant to be, I search the forum and didn't anything about it. The problem I'm facing is that when I enable the Digital Age and the City economics, the number of talents doesn't change anymore. For example, when the city economics is off, I manage to get 30 project managers, 30 programmers, and 25 talents for each type when I select 100% more. If the city economics is on, I always get 13 managers, 13 programmers, 9 talents for almost every type, just a fill has 13 or 14. Even changing via script, the value is always the same (13,13,9).

With the subsidiaries DLC, it seems to be work accordingly.

I'm running the post-release 5.4.04.

Thank you.

Cassius
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: DLC Digital and City Economics

Post by David »

The number of talents available is correlated to the population of the city. I believe that the game you ran when the city economic simulation DLC was enabled had a smaller population.
Cassius
Level 2 user

Post by Cassius »

Hi David,

I tried to use a script that creates a city with a population of 5,000,000, but it appears that when city economics is enabled, the population parameter doesn't work. It is not a problem per say, but for the game a had set up (1 city, 40 companies, the companies starting with a massive capital and me with the lowest possible), when I get a chance to hire a manager or a programmer (I managed to do it in 5 years), there is none available to hire nor to headhunt (In my saves I saw that all managers and programmers were hired 6 months after the start of the game). That is why I dig to see if there is a way to increase those values so there are some available later in the game.

Is there a way to increase the number of managers and programmers to a bigger value, like 40 or 50, or include the number of cities and the number of companies in this calculation, so in a configuration like mine, 1 city with 40 companies, there will be more talents, managers, and programmers available?

Or maybe include a way for a company to train managers and programmers from the existing talents (convert them to managers or programmers), I think this would be I nice feature (and it is what normally happens in most companies).

Thank you.

Cassius
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Since the player is given the option to build new cities in the CES DLC, the game has to reserve talents for future new cities. Thus it cannot generate an oversupply of talents in the first city. I would suggest that you start a game with at least 2 cities to increase the total supply of talents at the outset.