Tips/Strategies

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
Vyaco

Tips/Strategies

Post by Vyaco »

I have been playing Capitalism Lab for years now (started soon after it was released) and after a few months of not playing and coming back to this awesome DLC, I find myself in the impossible task of adjusting to the new features and trying to make money. For some reason, any strategies I have used in the past do not work now (farms+supermarkets being my to go strategy before the new DLC). Can you guys share your strategies and ideas for me to try in the new DLC? I wanted to get involved in Operating Systems but failed miserably after 10 painful years. Then again with software and internet companies which resulted in a company making decent money for someone who wants to live modestly for the rest of his life (LOL). Yet I see the AL players making billions by the 10th year. How is this possible in the new version?
chaotrach
Level 2 user

Re: Tips/Strategies

Post by chaotrach »

I think my tactic isn't very goo, but I start with standard and retails and go to software after I've got 10-20 Mio/year.
With the money I support my own PC and PC-OS. With money I try to puchase the market leaders for software and intigrate them into my company to be more profitable than before.

But this works not every time. Normally Retailers are so strong that I could not buy them (stock), because of they have >200$/per share.
klasanov
Level 4 user

Re: Tips/Strategies

Post by klasanov »

It is currently possible, with economic simulation off, to start a telecom company with just $10 mil. You need a city with 25-30 real wage to start.

steps:

1) Start as a private company
2) Take out loan (with HQ, works out to be around 25m)
3) Go public at the start, offer 40%
4) more loans
5) depending on need, offer more stock
6) Set up an ISP, max out infrastructure upgrades, and wait

step 3 gets you to 60% of your company Step 5 gets you to around 33-40%. You will end up making around $130 million a year, and your stock will be low priced meaning people will A) buy up the public shares, and B) you can buy back cheap for awhile

after you make a profit, your stock price will take off

I don't know if this is a good strategy either, but it may be possible to turn the $130m a year into other stuff, seems to be fairly stable as a source of income. This version seems to be a lot more cuthroat, but I last played on version 4.4 or so with city simulation, where the AI is kind of borked.