Is there a way to play Digital Age DLC with the old R&D system?

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
andypandy

Is there a way to play Digital Age DLC with the old R&D system?

Post by andypandy »

Even with the talent pool on full, the talent still dries up in the games that I'm played. I'm used to having 1 r&d building for each product, and the talent system complicates this for me in a very unfun way. So much so that it stops me from playing, because the micromanaging is frustrating, and I can't do what I want (not enough talent to cover all products).

Is there a way to play with the old system?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Is there a way to play Digital Age DLC with the old R&D system?

Post by David »

Please try the latest post-release patch which improves this.
andypandy

Post by andypandy »

Ok, I gave it a try, and I'm still having the same issue: Even with 100% more talent, there isn't enough talent to "maximize" each product R&D, which I find very frustrating. To me, the endgame has always been to bankrupt every other company, but part of that has to be beating their R&D so you can squeeze them on margins. This hiring individual experts for products really doesn't do it for me :/ Is there a simple mod or option that can be implemented so I/we can use the old R&D system?

And one more thing I just wanted to ask about: I've noticed that in my new games lately, there hasn't been an equal mix of resources on 2 maps (let's say I'm playing with 2 starting maps). One map will only contain a few different types of resources, while the other one seems to be extra packed. Is this new? I feel like when I used to play before with 2+ maps each map always contained at least 1 of each resource.
David

Post by David »

You may use a script to increase the total number of talents up to a maximum of 500%.

For details: https://www.capitalismlab.com/scripts/script-dlcs/

More Talents = <0-500>

If you are using a MOD with a large number of product classes and there is a undersupply of talents in the game, then you may use this option to have the game duplicate talent data to increase the supply. For example, if you set it to 50, then the game will generate 50% more talents in a new game.
andypandy

Post by andypandy »

Awesome, thanks!

One more thing; I clean-installed the game to try to fix a bug, but it's still there: Within the first year of the game, the "Distance from central bank" (or whatever it is) on commercial buildings suddenly shifts to some random part of the city. Do you know what that's about? And it stays there. It's not a HUGE issue, but it is weird that it suddenly changes and the commercial "hotspot" is no longer where it should be.
David

Post by David »

Central Business District (CBD) is initially set at the center of the new city. When business activities in the city pick up, the CBD will be set at a more appropriate location based on where commercial buildings are concentrated. This happens only one time in a game.