Buying single apartment units in an apartment building or individual offices in a commercial building

Suggestions for new DLC projects.

Would you like us to implement this new feature for the City Economic Simulation DLC?

Yes
58%
No. The dev team had better use their time to work on other more useful features.
32%
I have other opinions (Please post your opinions on this thread.)
11%

Total votes: 19

lowkeybavil
Level 3 user

Re: Buying single apartment units in an apartment building or individual offices in a commercial building

Post by lowkeybavil »

LT3001 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:03 am Hi guys,

In my view having a feature allowing you to buy individual units is not necessary - the size of the investment for a whole building is not that large and so it's unlikely to be used as you can't deploy enough capital into individual units.

However, a seriously missing feature is a liquid secondary market in real estate. In real life you can easily sell real estate. I think you should have a feature where you can choose to sell a piece of real estate at its current market value at any time. This is especially the case when you run out of cash and the bankruptcy screen prompt comes up. You should have the option to liquidate real estate buildings to raise cash.

You might consider providing increased options to purchase existing real estate buildings also. You can make an offer and say buy it out at a 20% premium to its current market value off the government/AI. Off companies, you might have to offer more - similar to the premium demanded to buy shares.
I like this Idea too, plus the HQ idea, and the individual apartments/offices
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Buying single apartment units in an apartment building or individual offices in a commercial building

Post by David »

Currently the votes on this suggestion are mixed. We will have to wait for positive votes to come in, before seriously considering its implementation.
lowkeybavil
Level 3 user

Post by lowkeybavil »

LT3001 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:03 am Hi guys,

In my view having a feature allowing you to buy individual units is not necessary - the size of the investment for a whole building is not that large and so it's unlikely to be used as you can't deploy enough capital into individual units.

However, a seriously missing feature is a liquid secondary market in real estate. In real life you can easily sell real estate. I think you should have a feature where you can choose to sell a piece of real estate at its current market value at any time. This is especially the case when you run out of cash and the bankruptcy screen prompt comes up. You should have the option to liquidate real estate buildings to raise cash.

You might consider providing increased options to purchase existing real estate buildings also. You can make an offer and say buy it out at a 20% premium to its current market value off the government/AI. Off companies, you might have to offer more - similar to the premium demanded to buy shares.

Yes i like this idea
lowkeybavil
Level 3 user

Post by lowkeybavil »

David wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:32 am Currently the votes on this suggestion are mixed. We will have to wait for positive votes to come in, before seriously considering its implementation.
Maybe this can be made into an optional feature that you enable/disable at start of game just like some other parts of the game.
David

Post by David »

Any suggestions on the interface design of this potential new feature?
nejxis
Level 3 user

Post by nejxis »

Apparently this has mixed views, although I voted yes as I am in favour of basically any real estate improvement / update.

I have a new simpler suggestion. How about we keep apartment blocks like they are and we can start building houses & mansions for rent? They are already in game, no need of extra development except just making rents in ratio with apartments..
lowkeybavil
Level 3 user

Post by lowkeybavil »

nejxis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:28 pm Apparently this has mixed views, although I voted yes as I am in favour of basically any real estate improvement / update.

I have a new simpler suggestion. How about we keep apartment blocks like they are and we can start building houses & mansions for rent? They are already in game, no need of extra development except just making rents in ratio with apartments..

I do like the idea of this too, maybe to give the player account more meaningful use of money other than stocks and donate to political parties, we can have the player also renting out mansions and houses, like a landlord. Obviously companies can also do it too but lets give the player the chance to do this too,
David

Post by David »

How about we keep apartment blocks like they are and we can start building houses & mansions for rent? They are already in game, no need of extra development except just making rents in ratio with apartments..
The following user comment posted earlier on this thread probably applies to the above case as well.