Poll: Character not bound to company.

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

Would you like to not be bound to the starting company and have additional gaming starts?

I like the photos demonstrating additional starting options and the ideas presented, I am for implementing something like it.
58%
I am happy with the current system, do not change it.
No votes
I am not fond of game over on company failure, though I am not sure I completely agree with how to implement this design change.
17%
I want to be unbound from the company if it fails only. I don't want to change the game start. I just want to be able to continue the game if my character has enough capital to create a new company.
25%
I have no preference.
No votes

Total votes: 12

stuguy909

Poll: Character not bound to company.

Post by stuguy909 »

I'm new to the forum but have been an avid fan of Cap2 for a long time. When I saw updates were being made to the game still, I bought in. I am enjoying the updates, and am eager to see more additions in the future. I opted to comment here because I do have a suggestion, rather, an old gripe that sits with the base game. The new DLC really adds a bunch of neat features, such as being able to create or have subordinate companies. One thing I didn't like in the past was being locked in to your starting company.

My suggestion would be to add to the player creation screen the option to be an investor, private company, or IPO, and allow the player to leave its company anytime, either sell, step down, or appoint someone else to run the company. Bankrupt companies should not game over the player. Only player bankruptcy should be a game over. See Railroad Tycoon 3 let's plays for how they did corp creation and company switching.

Investor start:
Investor starts the game with only player cash, but I would like to see the option to set the loan percentage. So if you start with High cash and high loan, then you better move quick. What's more, you can create an company like you would in the subsidiary DLC, but I would like to add more options in the company creation, such as, choose the money the player puts in, starting loan investment from the bank, which is tied to player credit rating and your wealth, also, tick an option for going IPO out the gate. If going IPO, the investors will look at how much you are putting on the table, and match a certain amount for a certain stake in the company, which should be adjusted like when you make public offerings. The player should have credit rating and reputation. Which will effect how much the banks will give you and how low of a discount you can ask for when making a new company as an investor.

Private Company start:
Same as in the subsidiary DLC. But I would like to set how much starting capital the company has, and how much of it is debt. The same options should also be allowed for the player.

IPO start:
Same as in the subsidiary DLC. Though I would like to be able to adjust how much stake other people have in the company, how much cash the corp has, and how much of it is debt. Player wealth should also be set the same way.

These options will allow for some really tough scenarios where the player starts with high debt, or as CEO in an IPO with a small stake in it, and high debt.

At a minimum, I would want to be able to leave my starting company, or keep playing if the company goes bankrupt. If the player bankrupts a company, his reputation and credit rating should suffer. Starting a new company should be harder, as finance options will be more strict and the player will have to rely completely on personal wealth. If the player does not have enough money to do anything, he may as well retire with a low score or go into politics.

edit:

photos https://www.imgtc.com/a/H46ngbK

https://i.imgtc.com/fhC0qqC.png
Last edited by stuguy909 on Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: hi - suggestion

Post by David »

Interesting ideas!

I would suggest that you create a poll for your suggestion. If there is a large enough number of users interested in it, there will be a higher chance that the development team will implement it.

You could see some examples in the Suggestion forum.
stuguy909

Re: hi - suggestion

Post by stuguy909 »

David,

Thanks for the response. I submitted a poll. It's basically, Yes, No, Kind of, Maybe one thing, and don't care.
RocketStone
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Re: Poll: Character not bound to company.

Post by RocketStone »

I like this idea except for some parts as it kinda breaks the base idea behind the game which is to build a company that can take over the land. here are my ideas based on this one:

1) The game starts just how it is right now but besides choosing the name of the player and the name of the company you also have to choose the type of company you want to run, this can determine the impact a bankrupt company has on the player's personal monetary gain. (Sole Proprietor, LLC or Corporation)

2) The player cannot stepdown from his company if his company is Sole proprietor. if the company is a LLC the player can only stepdown from the company only when another company has aquired the title of chairman by holding a greater amount of shares(Just like the current system). Corporation player companies can be abandoned at any time the player looses all shares above 25% (Basically the game brings your share amount down to 25% of total shares owned in that company) the shares removed from the player will be put up for sale in the public domain.

3) At the start of the game if the player has chosen to be a Corporation the player starts in control of the company with 50% of the shares while the rest are offered in the public to build the board of directors composed of shareholders.

4) Just like the current system the chairman is the person with the highest numbers of shares.

5) Only a Company that is a Corporation or LLC may change their CEO. ONLY the Chairman can change the CEO making it so if the player looses his company to other shareholders the player remains CEO of the company unless he decides to stepdown or is replaced by another CEO.

6) The player looses the game if the amount of money he holds is below the amount of the current (low capital) starting point.
stuguy909

Post by stuguy909 »

RocketStone wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:36 am
I like this idea except for some parts as it kinda breaks the base idea behind the game which is to build a company that can take over the land. here are my ideas based on this one:

1) The game starts just how it is right now but besides choosing the name of the player and the name of the company you also have to choose the type of company you want to run, this can determine the impact a bankrupt company has on the player's personal monetary gain. (Sole Proprietor, LLC or Corporation)

2) The player cannot stepdown from his company if his company is Sole proprietor. if the company is a LLC the player can only stepdown from the company only when another company has aquired the title of chairman by holding a greater amount of shares(Just like the current system). Corporation player companies can be abandoned at any time the player looses all shares above 25% (Basically the game brings your share amount down to 25% of total shares owned in that company) the shares removed from the player will be put up for sale in the public domain.

3) At the start of the game if the player has chosen to be a Corporation the player starts in control of the company with 50% of the shares while the rest are offered in the public to build the board of directors composed of shareholders.

4) Just like the current system the chairman is the person with the highest numbers of shares.

5) Only a Company that is a Corporation or LLC may change their CEO. ONLY the Chairman can change the CEO making it so if the player looses his company to other shareholders the player remains CEO of the company unless he decides to stepdown or is replaced by another CEO.

6) The player looses the game if the amount of money he holds is below the amount of the current (low capital) starting point.
"I like this idea except for some parts as it kinda breaks the base idea behind the game which is to build a company that can take over the land."
Played this game for years and this was never a consideration. Considering the new DLC allows for subsidiaries, and we have banking DLC coming down the pipe, I would disagree with this sentiment. It seems more like the devs are willing to allow for the player to try their hand at multiple companies, perhaps even multiple failures before taking over all the land.

1) I am not sure I completely follow. You want to set the bankruptcy policy in the game start options based on corp type? I am for choosing game over type, like, being able to keep playing if your corp fails, see 6.

2) I am for hostile take overs. I loved doing this in Railroad Tycoon. Though a sole proprietorship can be transferred or bought. If you want to step down from a sole proprietorship, I would encourage the ability to setup your company for sale. See if any AI, or team of AI, wants to invest in it and divvy up the shares, netting you a pay day. Though I can understand if it is too complicated to script the AI for this and lock down sole proprietorships.

3) Railroad Tycoon allowed you to control your starting stake based on how much capital you wanted from the bank / investors. You could make yourself as low as 10% ownership for higher starting capital. This made for really challenging game play to try to snatch control of your company.

4) Yes, or elected official. If you are CEO still, I think chairman should default to the player if a singular AI cannot get 51%. This allows for gamesmanship.

5) I liked RRTC on how this was handled. Basically, if the AI got 51%, there was a high risk of you getting booted if you sucked at your job. It is easy to test for the condition where Mr. 51% decides to fire you, and its when you become unprofitable for a set length of time. As for stock control, I don't think the player should have it if an AI is chairman at 51% or more. 51% stake should be when the AI starts to threaten to kick you out. Otherwise, you should remain chair for gamesmanship purposes.

6) I think this should be a minimum out of all the possible ideas anyone could have. It's the best compromise. Companies fail all the time, and some people start and fail multiple companies before getting it right.
colonel_truman
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by colonel_truman »

Great ideas!
Things aren´t getting worse; our information is getting better!
nejxis
Level 3 user

Post by nejxis »

There should also be the option when acquiring a private company to ask if the main company should buy it, your personal character or any of your subsidiary companies
standardplayer
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by standardplayer »

These might be useful for a character not bound to a company. The ability to get paid in shares, ability to be a paid board member.

Executive Compensation:
http://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5761

Board Members:
http://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5762