With apologies to Thomas Dolby, you blinded me with nonsense

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
Webby64286
Level 2 user

With apologies to Thomas Dolby, you blinded me with nonsense

Post by Webby64286 »

So I have figured out what my revenue ceilings are based on my product offerings (all of them in every city) and what price the market will bear for each product once qualty and brand are outstanding. So now I'm on the last piece of the profitabilty puzzle, cutting costs. It is very unclear to me how costs are determined for each product. I'm sure there is a formula for it (raw materal and their shipping costs plus salaries and maybe some other factors) but good heavens Miss Yakamoto I can't find it anywhere! The formula for how products are made is also a mystery. For microwave ovens, the manufacturers guide says I need 1 pound of Electronic Components, 1 pound of Glass and 1 pound of Plastic to make 1 unit. One block or cargo unit of glass is 20,000 pounds. One full purchasing unit at level one is then 160,000 pounds. If I sell 32,000 microwaves per month from that factory that glass should last me 5 months. First of all, when I first open the factory I go through megatons of glass to get started and then with full training that purchasing unit will go up to level 3 (280,000 pounds). I can't see how the purchasing unit would ever need to get that high. This is the kind of information I need so I can decide what crop or semi product gets shipped city to city and not make redundant factories or farms. If the AI were any good then the information on the Statements screen might help me decide which companies stock to buy but I don't need to know I'm third in inventory turnover to some idiot AI competitor who's only making bottled milk.