Crash while creating new custom game

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
Pirate_Archie

Crash while creating new custom game

Post by Pirate_Archie »

I was using the Mod "RealWorld" and some user scripts prior to this but wanted to create a new unmodded custom game with no user scripts, so i "reset" the game in the mod selection window and came back to the main menu.
While creating such game as soon as a click on "Digital Age DLC" options this error "Error on File: ILIB\OptSelector.CPP Line 118".
I noted i was using 5.7.10, so i upgraded to 5.7.15 and Avast antivirus got suspicious of the new files but i configured it to let it go and execute anyways, same error again.
Tried to unnistall and install the game, execute as admin the launcher and the main exe, still no luck.
I can load previous saved games ( with no mods, just scripts ), launch scenarios and tutorial games and custom games ( with no touch Digital Age DLC options )
Any ideas or advice?
caplabbug.png
caplabbug.png (2.64 MiB) Viewed 6022 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Crash while creating new custom game

Post by David »

Please try the following solution:

In your My Documents folder, you can find "My Games" folder and "Capitalism Lab" subfolder, please delete the file CONFIG.DAT, and see if it will resolve the problem.
Pirate_Archie

Re: Crash while creating new custom game

Post by Pirate_Archie »

That solution worked.
After the file was deleted i started the game and exited so the file was re-created with all the default values. I had to enable again the DLCs and mods, but the custom game options were all available with no errors and games could be created with no issues. I'm just wondering what could corrupt the file...

Thank you!