Business Process Management (BPM)/Business analysis - DLC

Suggestions for new DLC projects.
Joep
Level 2 user

Business Process Management (BPM)/Business analysis - DLC

Post by Joep »

Hi all,

Last years I spent a lot of time playing the several DLC's. Every game, to me and I guess to many others, the ultimate goal is to reach a maximum profit. The way to get there is to optimize and expand my company and it's subsidiaries.

To take the right decisions in expanding/improving my business(es), it would be nice to be able to work on a process-oriented way and to be able to create some dashboard that show the key metrics (KPI's) of your corporation.

That's why I would like to propose an "Business Process Management DLC" or "Strategy DLC".

In this DLC you are able to define your workflows and key metrics and visualize them on your own created dashboards. They even will notify when certain levels are reached: Think of a to high or low stock level in one of your warehouses, factories or retail stores, or an ample level of cash flow to expand your business.

Lets say you are in the apparel industry and want to manage and expand your business, but the cashlevel is low. In this case you might first want to have a sufficient profit margin of your stores before you are going to expand, otherwise you will go bankrupt because your costs are higher than your revenue.

Defining Workflows
A workflow consists of an repeatable pattern of business activities and are defined on a Management, Operational and Support-level.

Operational Workflows
The operations of an organisation exists out of every step that have to be taken to create value to your customers. In the most simple form this would be: 1. Procurement, 2. Selling, or 1. Procurement, 2. Manufacturing, 3. Selling. In the case of CapLab you could take Freight in consideration as an operational or as a support-process.

In the apparel-industry example mentioned above you could decide to buy the ready made products "Blazer", "Jeans", "Leather Jackets" and "Sweaters" and sell them in your retail stores.

Management workflow
Management-processes provide directions, rules for the operational processes. These include strategic planning and budgeting.

In the case of the CEO of the apparel company that wants to expand, but has not enough budget, we could define a expanding workflow as follow: 1. Check if balance is more than 15 mio, 2. Check if cashflow is more then 1 mio.

Notifications
For every step in the workflow you are able to define an upper and lower boundary. If these levels are reached, you will be notified.

In the case of the expanding apparel CEO you will get notified when your cash flow is strong enough. Or when you Blazers-procurement prices are risen.

An event-log (when a upper of lower boundary is reached) will able you to do better risk management (eg when you see that a certain suppliers supply reaches the lower-boundary often).

Dashboards
You are able to create several dashboard.

Lets say you want a "expansion dashboard", you might want to see the developments(graphs) in "average store revenue", "average store profit", "average store costs (maintenance+procurement)", "average store cashflow". "company cashflow" and the defined upper and lower boundaries.

Or you want an Blazer-procurement dashboard. On this dashboard you can see the development of the average procurement prices, and the development of the procurement prices/quality levels/brand/freight/overall level/supply/demand of the several suppliers of blazers. When you would define here the upper and lower boundaries you are able to pro-actively manage the supplier of Blazers per store.

This is an first draft, but let me know what you think. And give me some suggestions to make the idea stronger.
SimonC

Re: Business Process Management (BPM)/Business analysis - DLC

Post by SimonC »

This is a nice improvement :)
colonel_truman
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by colonel_truman »

Joep wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:22 pm This is an first draft, but let me know what you think. And give me some suggestions to make the idea stronger.
Very interesting. I´d like to see a second more detailed draft.
Things aren´t getting worse; our information is getting better!
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

betiful ideas
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

Besides, ability to analyze in excel
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

reporting system and customized notifications (not bound to particular usecase) are my wet dream.
I will definitely not roleplay with BPM because when your profit is measured in numbers around 10 billion per year you don't need to count every cent but I desperately need reports and notifications.