1952 bug - Can't purchase aluminum and none available

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
Grashopa
Level 3 user

1952 bug - Can't purchase aluminum and none available

Post by Grashopa »

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/68321241/CHAL_024.zip

For a couple years now I can't purchase aluminum from the AI's mine. I think aluminum did just appear and it got mined so now there are 2 mines but if you go to a purchasing unit and select aluminum - all cities - all corps you will only see the seaport aluminum. If the seaport were to stop providing aluminum I'd be in big trouble as I don't see another aluminum. Also note the AI used only 6 slots in one of the aluminum mines despite demand for aluminum far outstripping supply (unless Im reading supply/demand wrong).

Also the mine pricing is off? There is 1 AI with a chemical minerals mine. The mine in Istanbul near my HQ in this game is priced at 95 million:

If you were to buy the mine and then start selling the AI will drop its price to 20 cents above cost. That will result in your mine being run at cost and a net negative value due to the high price. I guess this is fine if you could make use of the entire mine for your own production you would still have saved a lot of money vs paying the monopoly price.

And finally do potential mines count if they are currently underneath an AI building? There is a chemical minerals that is underneath buildings in this game as well.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: 1952 bug - Can't purchase aluminum and none available

Post by David »

This bug will be fixed in the next patch (AI won't build factories on locations with natural resources)
Grashopa
Level 3 user

Post by Grashopa »

Do new mines appear under buildings as well? I see a new aluminum under some buildings... Maybe it was there before. If not the AI could relocate as well?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Our programmers have been working on the code changes, which will prevent AI from building anything next to natural resources. In other words, within the +1 radius of a natural resource site, the AI will not build anything there.