Tech Quality

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
Travis
Level 2 user

Tech Quality

Post by Travis »

Hey guys,
I wonder what "Tech Quality" in the Technology section of an Internet Company Display means. First I thought it is the "Tech X 60%" that goes into Overall Quality, but that does not seem to be calculatory correct in some cases. In others it fits.
Thanks,
Trav
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Tech Quality

Post by David »

I checked a new Internet companies in my game and they all add up correctly. Attached is an example. Would you please post a screenshot of the Internet company in which you found the discrepancy?
Attachments
Internet company.png
Internet company.png (152.34 KiB) Viewed 695 times
Travis
Level 2 user

Post by Travis »

David, I more expect a misunderstanding from my side. In the screenshot you attached in the lower Right Corner there is a "Tech Quality" of 100. What exactly does that stand for and how is it calculated?
Thank you,
Martin
David

Post by David »

The Tech in "Tech X 70%" refers to the Tech Quality at the lower-right part of the screen.
Travis
Level 2 user

Post by Travis »

Thank you, David.
However: I understand that the "Tech" in "Tech X 70%" in the Overall Quality section is the "Tech Quality" from the lower right corner, what I do not understand is how that Tech Quality is calculated. From the screenshot I understand that the Total Tech for Video sharing of that company is 1434, resulting from the 1591 and 1200 of its components in the given weight factors. There is no other higher Tech rating in the game world so it is also the "Top Tech".
Now what is "Tech Quality" and how is it calculated?
Thank you so much!
T
David

Post by David »

Our programmer has add context sensitive help explaining the various tech values on that screen. The next post-release beta version that we are going to release will include the newly added help.
Travis
Level 2 user

Post by Travis »

Thank you, might helk others moving forward. For me only this "Tech Quality" is unclear, maybe you would like to reveal this information in upfront.
Trav
David

Post by David »

Travis wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:08 pm Thank you, might helk others moving forward. For me only this "Tech Quality" is unclear, maybe you would like to reveal this information in upfront.
Trav
Here are their meanings:

Total Tech
The Total Tech value is calculated by adding up the values of individual tech, adjusted by their assigned weights (indicated by the yellow bars). A tech with a bigger weight means that it is more important.

Top Tech
The Top Tech value represents the highest Total Tech value that is ever achieved by a company, whether it is this company or a competitor, for this type of Internet business.

Tech Quality
Tech Quality is calculated by dividing the current Total Tech by Top Tech, then multiplied by 100. (100 x Total Tech / Top Tech.) It represents this Internet firm's relative strength in technology.

Required Tech
This Internet company does not have the required technology to start operation yet, as the current Tech Quality is still lower than the Required Tech.
Travis
Level 2 user

Post by Travis »

As usual, responsiveness and helpfullness is outstanding, David, thank you for your answers!