How do you improve the wage rate of a new city?

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
vunguyen95148
Level 2 user

How do you improve the wage rate of a new city?

Post by vunguyen95148 »

Hi guys,

So... Every time I create a city and try to grow it, I always have trouble with the wage rate as it keeps dropping overtime which leads to my jobs and income rating drops also. The wage rate doesn’t have any description and so I wonder how do I know what to do to increase my city’s wage rate or what factor does it affect the wage rate of a city in the game.

Thank you!
colonel_truman
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: How do you improve the wage rate of a new city?

Post by colonel_truman »

vunguyen95148 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:40 am Hi guys,

So... Every time I create a city and try to grow it, I always have trouble with the wage rate as it keeps dropping overtime which leads to my jobs and income rating drops also. The wage rate doesn’t have any description and so I wonder how do I know what to do to increase my city’s wage rate or what factor does it affect the wage rate of a city in the game.

Thank you!
I actually have the opposite experience: The wages rise with time.
Maybe you should try to create more factories and encourage the AI to do the same: do not destroy the competition (mergers), and lower the corporate taxes.
Thin profit margins will probably boost wages while monopolies will sink them.
Let "bankrupt" companies keep hiring and expanding, so the generic banks&investors keep transfering their wealth to wage earners.
Maybe increasing the competitiveness of certain industries through the universities will help too.
Things aren´t getting worse; our information is getting better!