More than one manager per software company?

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
will

More than one manager per software company?

Post by will »

Yeah, why we can only add one manager per company? In order words, why we can only produce one type of software per company? Or am I doing something wrong? Right now, if I want to produce an entire office suite, I need to create 5 (or 6?) software companies, every one producing a different type (because I can add only one manager)...

We should be able to produce 4 different types of software per company...
chengtsai
Level 4 user

Re: More than one manager per software company?

Post by chengtsai »

Definite yes, a lot of space being wasted
jared_allister1
Level 3 user

Post by jared_allister1 »

Totally agreed, so much wasted space, you used to be able to have more than one manager early in the Digital Age Beta, wish we could have that again.
Etym
Level 3 user

Post by Etym »

*BUMP*
As far as I can tell, nothing new has been written (or done) about this since May 2018. I'm puzzled by this b/c one of the first things I noticed about Digital DLC is that you have no real flexibility in assigning Manager/Programmer teams. As Will noted, the player can apparently only assign one programming team per software company to actually develop the software product. Why is that? In my initial attempt at this DLC, I started to produce 4 products by researching the necessary tech for each product, then attempted to build a new software company building with 4 programming teams (and an extra slot for advertising) to turn the research into a product. After the first team was recruited and assigned, though, I no longer had an option to choose another development team. Clicking on an empty slot gave me just 3 choices: advertising, programming (NOT program manager), and tech. How does this make sense?

The game doesn't seem to require that a management team be in the same building to utilize research that has been performed in another facility, b/c the first programming team started developing my OS product (the first to finish research in its own, separate software company building) as soon as I hooked it up. I just can't seem to develop another product in the same building. Why? And, more importantly, can this option be made available without extensive surgery on the game engine? Inquiring minds want to know ...
As always, thanks for an already-great-but-still-getting-better business sim.
ohms_law
Level 3 user

Post by ohms_law »

I've been wanting this changed as well.
JohanPB
Level 2 user

Post by JohanPB »

Indeed, the lack of flexibility in software company is a bit disappointing.