Bug & Question- patch 1.961 Beta

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
Janis.Romans
Level 3 user

Bug & Question- patch 1.961 Beta

Post by Janis.Romans »

1. Bug:
When I opened a window (all except News) and wait until Capitalism News window appears, I just click and News window closes but if I was moving the mouse pointer, it was moving much slower than mice it self.

2. Question- Why is not some information displayed in Seaport window ?(profit & revenue graph, seaport logo).

3. Additional question- Do I have to view Capitalism II and Capitalism Lab forum in compatibility view or not?
Attachments
notshowing.png
notshowing.png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 656 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Bug & Question- patch 1.961 Beta

Post by David »

1. Bug:
When I opened a window (all except News) and wait until Capitalism News window appears, I just click and News window closes but if I was moving the mouse pointer, it was moving much slower than mice it self.
Could you capture a screenshot for this and post it here, so I can understand better which screen you were referring to?
2. Question- Why is not some information displayed in Seaport window ?(profit & revenue graph, seaport logo).
Seaport is not a private company and thus does not have profit and revenue data.
3. Additional question- Do I have to view Capitalism II and Capitalism Lab forum in compatibility view or not?
What do you mean by compatibility view?
Janis.Romans
Level 3 user

Re: Bug & Question- patch 1.962 Beta & 1.961

Post by Janis.Romans »

Could you capture a screenshot for this and post it here, so I can understand better which screen you were referring to?
1.1. What happens- I open any window like Information center. Then Capitalism News window appears (1. attachment)

1.2. What I do- I click anywhere on Capitalism News window and it closes, but if under the place I clicked is something like Factory, button, item on a list e.t.c. it closes the window and selects the object under the place I clicked.(2. attachment)
What do you mean by compatibility view?
2.2. I mean the Internet Explorer's comatibility view.

Bugs:

3.1. I found another problem: When I click on the Mini Map in place where there is a firm, it opens it. (3. attachment)

3.2. With the new version, there is no Mansion option in Toolbox. (4. previous version of Capitalism Lab & 5. current)

3.3. When I Open the news history window, and I click on the scrollbar and move it either down or up and if accidently I move it to Mini Map I can only move cursor in the map, but no longer outside it. (in 6. attachment)

3.4 When I open other companie's firm, in one place I could not close the window by right clicking and if right &/or left click it shows and then immidiately hides the + & - button. (in 7. attachment)

3.5. When I bought all the Shareholder stocks in one of the company's stock, and clicked Sell, and on the 2. time I clicked Sell, I saw a error (in 8. attachment), then I clicked Ok, and the cursor was showing that the program is busy, and it didn't move and Capitalism Lab closed.
Attachments
error.png
error.png (5 KiB) Viewed 634 times
othershopproblen.png
othershopproblen.png (476.59 KiB) Viewed 638 times
newsproblem.png
newsproblem.png (634.65 KiB) Viewed 641 times
mansion2.png
mansion2.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 643 times
mansion.png
mansion.png (1007.82 KiB) Viewed 643 times
mini map problem.png
mini map problem.png (530.47 KiB) Viewed 643 times
newsproblem2.png
newsproblem2.png (497.9 KiB) Viewed 643 times
newsproblem.png
newsproblem.png (425.74 KiB) Viewed 643 times
David

Post by David »

1.1. What happens- I open any window like Information center. Then Capitalism News window appears (1. attachment)
Will improve the mouse responsiveness on this interface in the next patch.
1.2. What I do- I click anywhere on Capitalism News window and it closes, but if under the place I clicked is something like Factory, button, item on a list e.t.c. it closes the window and selects the object under the place I clicked.(2. attachment)
Will modify the relate code and you may test it in the next patch and see if it is fixed.
Additional question- Do I have to view Capitalism II and Capitalism Lab forum in compatibility view or not?
The forum is powered by phpBB which is a widely used forum software and you should be able to view Capitalism II and Capitalism Lab forum in normal mode.
3.1. I found another problem: When I click on the Mini Map in place where there is a firm, it opens it. (3. attachment)
Did you single-click or double-click on the mini-map?
Does it always open a firm detail window or by chance?
3.2. With the new version, there is no Mansion option in Toolbox. (4. previous version of Capitalism Lab & 5. current)
Will be fixed in the next patch.
3.3. When I Open the news history window, and I click on the scrollbar and move it either down or up and if accidently I move it to Mini Map I can only move cursor in the map, but no longer outside it. (in 6. attachment)
Will modify the relate code and you may test it in the next patch and see if it is fixed.
3.4 When I open other companie's firm, in one place I could not close the window by right clicking and if right &/or left click it shows and then immidiately hides the + & - button. (in 7. attachment)
Could you replicate this problem with a specific mouse action sequence?
3.5. When I bought all the Shareholder stocks in one of the company's stock, and clicked Sell, and on the 2. time I clicked Sell, I saw a error (in 8. attachment), then I clicked Ok, and the cursor was showing that the program is busy, and it didn't move and Capitalism Lab closed.
Could you send me the saved game via Dropbox?
Janis.Romans
Level 3 user

Re: Bug & Question- patch 1.962 Beta & 1.961

Post by Janis.Romans »

Did you single-click or double-click on the mini-map? Does it always open a firm detail window or by chance?
Single and double, it opens it by chance.
Could you replicate this problem with a specific mouse action sequence?
I open other company's store and in the place there are + - buttons I right click and the window does not close & I sometimes see the + - buttons.
Could you send me the saved game via Dropbox?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ktj4hg7zjl6azsu/kqwv3DEzsX?m

You have to use:

ROBO_001.SAV

1.82 MB

!Thank You for improving the Save game process speed!

Another bug: (1.963 Beta)
1. When I click on Mini map icon (in attachments) and under it there is a acquired land plot (my company's) it selects it and asks to sell and does not display any Mini Map. This also happens with the World Map icon and Tollbox icon.

2. I just clicked on Oil desposit and what I saw (3. attachment) The city is the same like in 2 attachment.

3. I clicked on Headquarters and I saw (4. attachment), I clicked Ok, Capitalism Lab closed.
Attachments
headquarters.png
headquarters.png (5.39 KiB) Viewed 610 times
oil reserve.png
oil reserve.png (5.39 KiB) Viewed 619 times
worldmap.png
worldmap.png (734.13 KiB) Viewed 619 times
mini map.png
mini map.png (760.54 KiB) Viewed 619 times
David

Post by David »

These bugs have been fixed in v1.964.

You may download the patch at:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... f=10&t=672
Janis.Romans
Level 3 user

Post by Janis.Romans »

David wrote:These bugs have been fixed in v1.964.

You may download the patch at:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... f=10&t=672

Thank You so much!

Bugs in 1.964:
1. When for excample reserve is exhausted, and there are other suppliers for that material, in the factory auto-link is on, but supply is not getting relinked. (in attachments- 1.attachment_factory, 2.attachment_old supplier, 3.attachment_new supplier)

2. On the news window, mouse pointer has gotten a little bit faster, but on the usual view(no windows are open, except the mini map, toolbox) has gotten slower.

3. In attachments. 4. & 5.

Here is the saved game data folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l6gfr9asvhfix57/_YVBJKuGg3?m

You have to use:
ROBO_001.SAV

2.23 MB
Attachments
error in demolish.png
error in demolish.png (4.98 KiB) Viewed 597 times
error in demolish_2.png
error in demolish_2.png (482.18 KiB) Viewed 597 times
new supplier.png