Survival mode / Digital Age - Software dont sell

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Survival mode / Digital Age - Software dont sell

Post by avengerbg »

Im playing survival mode with Digital age enabled, nether me or AIs made even single sell on any software in shops or via E-comerce, i run the game on max speed so several years passed, it shows the user base for OS is over 50 000, with 13 products for it, but nether a single copy of OS or software was ever sold. I put my software product at 0,01$ prise with 46 brand and overlow rating of 102 and its not sold.

Also on side note, is it possible to download older versions of the game, even without the dlcs.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Survival mode / Digital Age - Software dont sell

Post by David »

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Post by avengerbg »

Actualy i found the problem .... the AI invented the OS, but never setup a factory to produce it and sell it. After i researched OS by myself and started sell it, my other softwares for that OS started sell aswell. Still odd it was showing there is user base for that OS even if not a single copy sold, but other software for it dont sell.

Something else i noticed. Starting new game with ot without any dlc enabled. I set up shops with goods from seaports. If my rating is lower over about 10-15 points then average, goods never start to sell, but if i set lower prise so my rating is close or higher then average, run for couple of days so i sell just few goods, then change prise to much higher so rating difference is even over 30, demand still keep build up. For example if average rating is 78 for frozen chicken, and i set prise that sets my rating to 60, none gets sold for months, with no demand build up. but if i set prise so my rating is 80, just for few days so some demand build up, and after that i set prise that sets my rating to 40, after couple of months the demand is higher then the suply i can provide with single sell unit. In start of the game its ok, but later on it gets realy annoying if you have to do it on 20-30 stores.

Just to add, using vanila 6.1.03 with all dlcs, but have banking one disabled.
David

Post by David »

but if i set prise so my rating is 80, just for few days so some demand build up, and after that i set prise that sets my rating to 40, after couple of months the demand is higher then the suply i can provide with single sell unit.
I don't quite understand this statement. Could you please elaborate?
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Post by avengerbg »

i ment that if i set prises like that, so the rating of the goods is 10-15 less then the average for city, it dont start sell for months or even years, but if i set the prise so that the rating is over city average just for few game days, and then i increase the prise so goods rating goes even over 40 points lower then the average, it start sell, and demand slowly start to build up too.
David

Post by David »

I think this behavior is manifested in real world scenarios where newly opened shops or restaurants use big discounts to get people's attention. Once people become aware of the existence of the new shops, some of them may become regular customers even after the discounts are gone.
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Post by avengerbg »

yes but, if i dont do that for months there is no demand or even a single item sell, if difference between my rating of goods and citty average is bigger then about 10-15, even if im selling on loss, i can make a save game with it. shops running with goods rating over 50-60 and no sells or demand for months, even that im single suplier of that item. Bellow is atached a savegame, started new game, opened a store, added random goods from seaport, set prises and run game for 6 months, not a single sell for that time, and im selling some of them with 0 prifit margin. They will start sell, even on higher prise with lower rating if i do the "trick" to make customers aware of the store else ill just get bankrupt. Even in real world costomers get aware of new store after couple of days or weeks, and customer base slowly starts to build up.
Attachments
STOI_526.rar
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
David

Post by David »

The programmer told me that it is the game rule, not a bug.

I have tested the original Capitalism 2 and it has the same behavior - the products do not have any demands when their ratings are significantly lower than the city overall ratings. The programmers told me that they have not made any changes to this game rule in CapLab.

I think this rule makes sense. And since it is a game rule, I recommend that you increase your products' overall ratings to slightly above the city average to get the sales going.