A few comments on this DLC

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
bloomers999

A few comments on this DLC

Post by bloomers999 »

So overall I really like this DLC, great work and thanks very much! It's really brought the game into the 21st century!

I have a few comments and issues with it though

Can't transfer internet companies - I'm unable to transfer my internet companies between firms I own. This is not a major concern and doesn't affect the gameplay too much, but is odd as it seems to be the only company I cannot do this with. Is this a bug or intentional?

I had set up my own internet company as a subsidiary, and later in the game acquired a few AI internet companies through my main holding company. However I could not then transfer those acquired companies to my internet subsidiary.

Diversified AI companies entering random markets - I'm all for competition keeping me on my toes, and start the game with a lot of software and internet companies, but all the "Diversified" AI companies with expertise outside of software are entering the software industry a few years into the game. Again I can tolerate this, but for me it really takes away from the realism of the game. I started out providing Office Software (as per my expertise), and now another company with expertise in beverages and making all their money in cola has entered the market (as just one example). It's odd that it happens this way round, but all the software companies stick to that market. This would not happen in real life, it's like Coca Cola or Pepsi deciding to diversify and take on Microsoft!!! Rarely do companies re-invent themselves so drastically.

In the previous DLCs, the AI stuck much more closely to their expertise and associated "mega class" products. I found this made the dynamics much more interesting, closer to reality, and cracking a new market much more challenging. Why has this changed? Is there any way I can change the settings to limit this happening?

Do expertise have any affect any more? - On top of my above gripe, other than higher starting technology it does not seem having expertise in a particular product group gives much of an advantage any more. So long as you hire the right software/tech/product talents, then you can be the market leader in any market. Similarly CTOs with very high R&D expertise no longer seem to have much of an impact in speeding up new product or increasing tech from research.
跑得比谁都快

Re: A few comments on this DLC

Post by 跑得比谁都快 »

Same here. Also not able to transfer the software company. This becomes quite annoying as in the mid-late game when trying to m&a a couple of those companies. Would be great if this being fixed soon.
williammgary1
Level 3 user

Post by williammgary1 »

bloomers999 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:48 am So overall I really like this DLC, great work and thanks very much! It's really brought the game into the 21st century!

I have a few comments and issues with it though

Can't transfer internet companies - I'm unable to transfer my internet companies between firms I own. This is not a major concern and doesn't affect the gameplay too much, but is odd as it seems to be the only company I cannot do this with. Is this a bug or intentional?

I had set up my own internet company as a subsidiary, and later in the game acquired a few AI internet companies through my main holding company. However I could not then transfer those acquired companies to my internet subsidiary.

Diversified AI companies entering random markets - I'm all for competition keeping me on my toes, and start the game with a lot of software and internet companies, but all the "Diversified" AI companies with expertise outside of software are entering the software industry a few years into the game. Again I can tolerate this, but for me it really takes away from the realism of the game. I started out providing Office Software (as per my expertise), and now another company with expertise in beverages and making all their money in cola has entered the market (as just one example). It's odd that it happens this way round, but all the software companies stick to that market. This would not happen in real life, it's like Coca Cola or Pepsi deciding to diversify and take on Microsoft!!! Rarely do companies re-invent themselves so drastically.

In the previous DLCs, the AI stuck much more closely to their expertise and associated "mega class" products. I found this made the dynamics much more interesting, closer to reality, and cracking a new market much more challenging. Why has this changed? Is there any way I can change the settings to limit this happening?

Do expertise have any affect any more? - On top of my above gripe, other than higher starting technology it does not seem having expertise in a particular product group gives much of an advantage any more. So long as you hire the right software/tech/product talents, then you can be the market leader in any market. Similarly CTOs with very high R&D expertise no longer seem to have much of an impact in speeding up new product or increasing tech from research.

Diversified AI companies entering random markets

I play with the intention of being a conglomerate every time this doesn't brother me much. In fact my recent game I was in the grocery business and saw the insane margins the OS gain had and moved into that market and begin producing some 1st party software. My biggest issue in my current game is there's companies with billions of dollars in cash not investing and trying to enter new markets.

Do expertise have any affect any more?

I'm playing with all the DLCs and really struggled with finding a reason to hire a CTO. I want one but it seems necessary with how much quicker and effective firm training is besides the fact that the new R&D and Software Companies doesn't take into account the position at all.

Would be nice if the CTO was able to hire talent for you or provide you with the ability to see what Tech talent was available in a market before hand.
jcalbrown

Post by jcalbrown »

bloomers999 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:48 am Can't transfer internet companies - I'm unable to transfer my internet companies between firms I own. This is not a major concern and doesn't affect the gameplay too much, but is odd as it seems to be the only company I cannot do this with. Is this a bug or intentional?

Totally agree with both of these points. One of my favorite aspects of the game is buying, selling, spinning off, carving out, etc. companies. I cannot do this with any of the DLC firms. This should really be fixed. Also don't like that AI companies are so diversified--that's unrealistic and forces me to sell off lots of firms every time I make an acquisition.
Joubarbe
Level 2 user

Post by Joubarbe »

Hmm, I wanted to buy this DLC, but now I have doubts. An answer from the developers would be good...
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Joubarbe wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:07 pm Hmm, I wanted to buy this DLC, but now I have doubts. An answer from the developers would be good...
Please see this post "Poll: adding the ability to transfer software firms and Internet firms" at http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =42&t=7234

If you have any further questions, let me know.