Competitiveness in software and tech

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Competitiveness in software and tech

Post by avengerbg »

When i first build University its research is set to software, but if changed i couldnt find way to set it back to software. And the real question is what is the impact of rasing its rating? Or not implemented yet may be? Same for researching and rising the rating of all techs?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Competitiveness in software and tech

Post by David »

avengerbg wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:05 am When i first build University its research is set to software, but if changed i couldnt find way to set it back to software.
I tested it and didn't encounter any issues. Could you please describe the exact steps to trigger the issue?
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Post by avengerbg »

I build University, initialy focused product is set to "Software", but in the lists to select product or tech, there is no "Software" option. So once changed to something else you cant change back to "Software".
And my real question is, if i do the research in "Software" or any tech, what is the impact of rasing their competitiveness rating, becouse they are not shown in city industries. Do they provide more exports, respectivly more jobs from rasing it? Or just boost the R&D in areas, or none at all? Or may be their inpact in game isnt implemented yet.
David

Post by David »

We will add the following context sensitive help text to the [Set Products] and [Set Tech] buttons on the university research window:

University Research in Products
University Research in specific industries leads to higher competitiveness. 1) The city's local businesses benefit from increased competitiveness and export, thus hiring more workers and decreasing the city's unemployment rate. 2) Manufacturing units in factories have City Quality Bonuses added to their products' Product Quality ratings.

University Research in Tech
University Research in specific fields of technology leads to increases in skill levels of researchers and software engineers in those fields (under the Talent system).

If you have any other questions, let me know.
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Post by avengerbg »

What about "Software" research? When University is initialy placed, its focused research is set to "Software", i couldnt locate in in products or tech sections, but if you start research its rating still increase. Juat to pinpoint that once changed to something else you cant put "software" research again in that same university, tho if you build new one you can leave it to default "software"
Attachments
software.png
software.png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 7458 times
David

Post by David »

Hi, we have just released a new version 6.2.06 fixing this bug. Please download it from: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=7226

Fixed the bug where university research may be set to “Software” by default.
(Individual software products must be researched via the tech on which they depend. It is not possible to conduct research on software as a whole.)
avengerbg
Level 4 user

Post by avengerbg »

Just an idea... may be instead to remove "Software" research, include it in city industries to cover all software products. So software become part of city exports and provide extra jobs from software research and development.