Suggestions for new DLC projects.
Kristo
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Few ideas of mine

Post by Kristo »

Hi all,

Here's shortlist of my suggestions/ideas:

1/ Entertainment sector (possible future dlc)
This is not about making movies or songs, but rather business based on venues. It may include 3 main sub-sectors - Show-Biz, Sports, Tourism. Let me explain.
Each of them will have number of buildings that you can build, run and profit from, each working like a media firm:

* Show-Biz will have - Cinema, Theater, Concert Hall, etc - in which you can invest monthly and profit from clients visiting and buying tickets.

* Sports will have (and already has) sports venues with various size and profitability. They can be divided in three groups - Small, Medium and Large.
Small are more common, cheap to build and easy to maintain, but not so profitable outside areas without much residential buildings (basketball courts, gyms, tennis courts, shooting range)
Mediums are bigger and better, but takes more lands and monthly spending, but they increase the value of local real estates and bring in more money (golf course, soccer field, karting course, stable, baseball field, swimming pool)
Large ones are the best in terms of income, they can set "Naming rights" option and can be limited by the Government in terms of numbers per city, based on population (for example 1 stadium per 500,000 people, after the first one, and only one Moto-racing track per city, and so on). They will attract more crowd and money, but you can't build them everywhere. Examples are Moto-racing track, Stadium, Indoor Arena.

* Tourism will have same mechanics as the two above. It's buildings are Museum, Gallery, Night Club, Luxury Hotel, Family Hotel, Restaurant, etc. Not all of them can be used and again - they'll work like media firms. Possible addition - fast food joint. If more than 3 are build in the same city, the Player can choose to franchise them in the same chain, and after that he'll have option to spun this chain into subsidiary and work it like that.

For all of these, the goal is not micromanagement as you don't need to "invent" a new burger type or to manually adjust the prize of fries or soda. Your goal is to run a venue, with much work. And the success will be based on various factors - locations, your investments, how rich the population is, how much they like this type of venue/sport/joint, how better/worse your competions is, the training of the staff and advertising. All of these will have "monthly budget" section. Inside you'll have these:
- upkeep
- advertising
- training (the staff)
- upgrading (with new machines, lamps, and so on)
- money spend on special promotions
And these will be in %. Also possible - rating/brand to be shown as in other products/services/media.

2/ More about this "Naming rights" thing that i mentioned:
Each large sports venue may be named after your corporation or the naming rights can be auctioned for a period of time. In both cases only corporation can hold these rights. They'll bring additional advertising and prestige to the holder in exchange of some fee (or nothing if you own and operate the building)

3/ Now more about this "Auctioned" thing that i mentioned:
Only a bank can be hired to hold auctions about things in-game, in exchange of small fee (5% by default). After the auction is started, the bank will send msg to all corporations in the game (except the corporation owning the bank itself) and each will be asked to either set a price or deny to participate. The best price is the winner of the auction. Besides naming rights, also you can hire a bank to auction land blocks (presumably one with resourses in it), mansions, and other things to be named later. This option can be added for the Banking DLC. Also - government can also hire banks for this.

4/ New "markets"
- R'n'D market in the same menu where Stock Market and Bond Market are located. You can browse by type and tech level, and buy techs that are available on this market. Tech companies may choose to upload all their techs there by default. Player's corp can also provide some tech to be available there instead of selling on demand.
- Land market, the same as above, but for land blocks available for sale.
- If one day we may trade in gold, diamonds and such - a market for them. Commodity is not the right word, but why not.
- Options market. Hear me out. If a private company wants, may provide "options" for investors, that'll automatically turn into shares if/when the company goes public. The owner may choose to create options to up to 49% of the futures shares.

5/ Joint venture - new type of corporation
The idea is this - joint venture is a corporation owned 50/50 between two others existing corporations. Each corporation in-game can invite any other corporation to create such thing. JV will start as private companies and can go public later if ever. Few things must be decided first -
a. Who the CEO will be, presumably an AI person
b. Which town the HQ will be
c. How much money each will invest (or reinvest if needed)
d. the company focus, strategy, sectors
e. Option "right to first refusal" - if one corporation wants to sell its share/s, to first offer them to the other.
f. when to go public, options - "after X years", "never", "when market share reaches %", "when capitalisation reaches $" or "When we both agree is the right time"
g. no-competing clause for one or both corporations in the sectors from d.
h. to buy or create its own tech

6/ Franchising
- Some venues/restaurants/hotels from 1/ should be able to be spun into a franchise, that in turn can be spun into a subsidiary. Few things first need to be reached - capitalisation, number of firms (i suggest 3 in the same city), number of employees, brand recognition/rating. From this subsidiary menu the boss can choose where and when to expand, to control all the sliders instead of manually switching them everywhere, and sell licenses to other venues/restaurant/hotels and so on, who will be independent, but will pay fee to operate in the franchise, using the logo, the brand and so on.

I have other things, but i'm hungry now, so i may add them later. See you guys.
leveragedbuyout

Re: Few ideas of mine

Post by leveragedbuyout »

Great ideas!
Kristo
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Kristo »

Hi, i'm back:

7/ Licensing
In each city, the LocalGov should be able to sell "licenses" for the corporations to enter some specific industry. Without a license, the corporation/player shouldn't have access to build menu options in the given industry. For example the special industries will be "Media" (all media firms), "Natural Resources" (mines, wells, loggin camps), "Financial Industry" (banking, insurance), "Agriculture" (farms), "Manufactoring" (factories) and "REIt" (real estate)...
Options:
- every corp should be able to sell/transfer a license to other corp/subsidiary; after that the selling corp won't have a license to use itself
- if a corp have a license for a industry in a given city, should not be able to buy new one
- local gov should change the price of a license in regards to the economy of its city and economic climate
- ability to sell your firms in given sector in a package deal with the specific license
- if you build your HQ in a given city, local gov will treat you like "VIP investor" and will offer you all licences with 50% reduction off the price
- some cities will limit the number of licenses in order to battle polution, with overall limit around 10, or with 1 licences in a industry per year
- some licences will be available for you to buy if you match certain requirements (banking, REIT) - like being in operation for 5 years, being a public company, have at least 50mln cash, and so on...
- in some scenarios you will start with only a single license and some cash and the goal will be to build an empire around specific industry
- some cities will have a policy - if you had donated public buildings (parks, schools, libraries...) in excess of some sum (like 10mln), to automatically receive REIt and FinIndustry licenses for free

and now some new ideas for firms:

8/ News Agency
- each media in the game has to hire a news agency in order to have "news" in its programming. NA will work as normal media firm, but instead of selling advertisements, it will sell news. It's content's quality will be determined based on training of its employees. The profits will come from media-clients, who will need the news. The sliders will be: "monthly investment in research", "montly investment in training", "price for monthly subscription". The stats will be "content quality rating", "market share" and so on.
Bonus: each new game will start will local gov owning 1 NA called "the state news agency" which will not be sold ever, and will provide the first media-firms with cheap, but also low quaility news. Gov-owned media firms will always use this first NA.

9/ PR/Advertisement Firm
- each corp may hire a PR Firm in its HQ, and the PR Firm will work on the corp's brand. PR Firm will help your company be more effective in advertisement, will make your company as a whole more famous - both for costumers and for investors. The success of a PR Firm will be based again on training and investment in PR research as in "New Agency". The sliders will be as above, the stats - too. Profits for PR-firms will be based on monthly subs too. Advertisement will be the same, but cheaper, as you already will be paying for a PR Firm's help, so the cost will be lowered. You can create PR events the same way as "mass training" thing in HQ.

10/ Accounting firm

- basically the same mechanisms as the two above, with added bonus, that its clients will be not only corporations, but also general public. It may have different prices for private and public clients. The training again will be the key factor. Once hired, they will help with some costs getting lower (cost of training, advertising, shipping, taxes, donated public building upkeep and so on). Monthly subs here too. Corporations can work without Acc-firms if they want, but every bank/insurance company should hire one, if they want to maximise profits.

11/ Law firm

- the same as above, only a law firm will help will some legal matters. A Law firm can have a central builing in one city, and local offices in every other ones. Once hired, they will give you abilities to buy/sell tech levels, issue new shares, mergers, spinning off some firms in a subsidiary, transfering assets between companies that you control and so on. As in Acc-firm, they will have public clients too and generate profits from them too. Also as acc-firm, banks will have to hire a law firm if they want to exist/work. Chief Legal Advisor possition will provide the same things as hiring a law firm, but instead of monthly subs, he/she will ask for a salary which may be way higher.

12/ Cargo firm
- This firm will provide trucks for everyday use to other firms. Once you establish a cargo firm, you will start with like 40 trucks, and that number will be your (starting) capacity. You will be able to buy more trucks to increase that capacity. Each company/firm that hires you will need different number of trucks to operate daily(a factory will need 5 every day, a large stores - 3, small store - 1, farms will need 4 for small one, 6 for a large one, mines and such will need like 10 and so on). Once hired, that number will lower the firm capacity until it reaches 0. Then you can either build a new firm or buy more trucks to dedicate to future clients. Once a contract is cancelled, the trucks are free, and the capacity goes up again. The profit will come from the quality of the services and the price, and all the sliders will be the same as above firms. Give or take.

in all of these firms, there'll be some options that will be shared like: button "work only with my firms" (as internal sale thing), "market share", "quality rating", "investment in training", "investment in research/technology", all these firms (except NA and PR) will be able to advertise, "change name", etc.
standardplayer
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by standardplayer »

Kristo wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:31 pm Hi all,

Here's shortlist of my suggestions/ideas:

1/ Entertainment sector (possible future dlc)
This is not about making movies or songs, but rather business based on venues. It may include 3 main sub-sectors - Show-Biz, Sports, Tourism. Let me explain.
Each of them will have number of buildings that you can build, run and profit from, each working like a media firm:

6/ Franchising
- Some venues/restaurants/hotels from 1/ should be able to be spun into a franchise, that in turn can be spun into a subsidiary. Few things first need to be reached - capitalisation, number of firms (i suggest 3 in the same city), number of employees, brand recognition/rating. From this subsidiary menu the boss can choose where and when to expand, to control all the sliders instead of manually switching them everywhere, and sell licenses to other venues/restaurant/hotels and so on, who will be independent, but will pay fee to operate in the franchise, using the logo, the brand and so on.

I have other things, but i'm hungry now, so i may add them later. See you guys.
For Reference:
• Media/Celebrity DLC (Sports, Entertainment (TV, Movies, Music)): http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =49&t=7151

Movie Studios and TV Networks DLC: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =49&t=3299

Service DLC:
• Consumer Services: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =49&t=5764
Last edited by standardplayer on Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
standardplayer
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by standardplayer »

Kristo wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:48 pm Hi, i'm back:

7/ Licensing

and now some new ideas for firms:

8/ News Agency

9/ PR/Advertisement Firm

10/ Accounting firm

11/ Law firm

in all of these firms, there'll be some options that will be shared like: button "work only with my firms" (as internal sale thing), "market share", "quality rating", "investment in training", "investment in research/technology", all these firms (except NA and PR) will be able to advertise, "change name", etc.
For Reference:

Service DLC:
• Professional Services: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =49&t=5763
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

I provide licensing in my mod ModWorld. I had to use farms to do it, so its a bit clunky, but it works. I am looking into making licenses a part of all software development, as well as computers and mobile devices - theres no reason why that shouldn't work as the license will just operate like a product input.
I am woefully backlogged in where I am with it though, so it may be a while before its ready.