Banking Money Machine

Banking and Finance DLC for Capitalism Lab

Should the game add this new function in order to reduce micromanagement?

Add this on the Deposit screen: [ ] Stop accepting new deposits from corporate clients when Cash as % of Total Assets > 5% [+][-]
88%
I have other suggestions.
13%

Total votes: 8

jiuliumuliao
Level 3 user

Re: Banking Money Machine

Post by jiuliumuliao »

I don't think it is a good idea to directly stop accepting new deposits.In reality,I've never seen a bank which refuses customers' deposit.The bank itself can set the deposit interest rate, generally in order to collect the deposit interest rate will not be set to the lowest. When the ratio of bank cash to assets is too high, the bank can automatically lower the deposit interest rate. In this way, on the one hand, the cost of banks will be reduced, on the other hand, the number of deposits will decrease. If interest rates are kept to the lowest and there is still a lot of cash in the bank, it can be used to invest in the stock market and bond market. My mother tongue is not English. I hope you can understand what I mean.
『The Finance Road』
CapLab Chinese Player Discussion Group
FCT (Professional Chinese)
QQ Group Number:817-380-613
E-mail:info_fct@163.com
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I've changed it to "Stop accepting new deposits from corporate clients when Cash as % of Total Assets > 5% [+][-]"

Deposits from individual customers are limited to the GDP, like loans. So it is not what causes the problem.

It's the corporate clients (particularly the player corporation) depositing massive amounts of money into the bank, which somehow breaks the coherence of the current mechanism.
David

Post by David »

Update: the dev team has been working on this improvement and it will be available in the next post-release beta version 6.5.00.
David

Post by David »

The new feature Realistic Loan Demand is now available in the latest post-release beta version 6.5.00.

For details, please see: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =52&t=7666