Poll: Real Estate DLC: Land Leases

Suggestions for new DLC projects.

What Features would you like to see? Anything to Add or Modify?

Lease Land Under Buildings
37%
Lease Mineral Rights
29%
Property Taxes
31%
Additional Items (Post Below)
3%
None
1%

Total votes: 112

Darcon
Level 2 user

Re: Poll: Real Estate DLC: Land Leases

Post by Darcon »

Sounds like a lot of great ideas. I'd love to see additional residential unit types beyond the apartments. Single family home units would make a great addition to a real estate focused dlc. If tiles are gaining in value based on city resources developing real estate in either suburban home neighborhoods or urban apartment set ups could add a great deal of game play. I like the idea of the real estate management being separate from corp HQ as its on own building similar to the bank HQ/branch model. That would closely mimic current real estate agencies.
PinoX7
Level 2 user

Post by PinoX7 »

Texas-Pacific land trust has 900,000 acres of land in West Texas (permian basin) and generate their revenue through royalties. I estimate they make about $20-30 an acre every month from these royalties.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Darcon wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:21 pm Sounds like a lot of great ideas. I'd love to see additional residential unit types beyond the apartments. Single family home units would make a great addition to a real estate focused dlc. If tiles are gaining in value based on city resources developing real estate in either suburban home neighborhoods or urban apartment set ups could add a great deal of game play. I like the idea of the real estate management being separate from corp HQ as its on own building similar to the bank HQ/branch model. That would closely mimic current real estate agencies.
This is a good suggestion. I have created a separate discussion thread for it: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =49&t=7600
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

David wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:33 am
- If you don't want people Leasing your Land you should Disable Leasing for a Specific City, Land Type, or Simply Move the Building Off Your Land as it would most likely not be practical to set Leasing for specific land tracks.
What you said makes a lot of sense. It is just not practical to set leasing for specific land tracks and I can't think of a better interface. But still, do you think the gameplay will suffer if the player can only either enable or disable leasing for an entire city? In real life, companies may only want to lease out only of some of their possessed land plots while keeping some for their own uses. But in the game, the player must move the building off the land, as you suggested. I agree that this is a logical approach given the UI limitation. But it wouldn't sound intuitive to the player and I believe that we will get complaints from users if this is the only way they could do to keep land plots for their own uses.

Let's brainstorm and see if it will lead to a solution. :)
Update: While the community has expressed interests in this land lease feature, to turn this concept into reality, we need a practical UI design. If any of you have any ideas, please suggest. Until then, this will probably remain as a concept and won't make its way into the Real Estate DLC.