Getting rich via Bond :D

Banking and Finance DLC for Capitalism Lab
davidkie
Level 3 user

Getting rich via Bond :D

Post by davidkie »

Juz sharing on how to get rich via bond.. in matter of seconds but your hand will be very tired :D

First issue bond with max quantity ( mine is 1.33billion ) issue with tenure 10 years.
After issuance in matter of days , the bond price will drop from 100 to 52..
once drop to 52, buy back all the bond and you will gain almost 50% in matter days -- My hand is tired clicking :D
Attachments
Bonds.jpg
Bonds.jpg (325.75 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Getting rich via Bond :D

Post by David »

Could you please provide me with your save game just prior to issuing that massive amount of bonds?

It seems to me that the collapse of the credit rating is what led to the plunge in the bond price. I will test your save game and then discuss with the programmer if there is any way to tweak it by reducing the amount of bonds that you can issue while retaining the realism of the bond system.
standardplayer
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by standardplayer »

David wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:59 am Could you please provide me with your save game just prior to issuing that massive amount of bonds?

It seems to me that the collapse of the credit rating is what led to the plunge in the bond price. I will test your save game and then discuss with the programmer if there is any way to tweak it by reducing the amount of bonds that you can issue while retaining the realism of the bond system.
What if you made it so that the company issuing the bond has to wait till minimum number of years has passed and pay a 2.5%-5% premium above par to buy back and retire their own bonds. This would eliminate the loophole where people issue bonds and immediately buy them back when the price drops cashing in big.

In real life most loans and bonds have a provision in the contract that ensures that the bank or investors get a minimum amount of interest and return of principle so people cant just issue a loan or bond and immediately pay it off.
David

Post by David »

Please try the latest version 6.5.08: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7675

The Gameplay Balance Improvement that has been implemented into this version:
>The upper limit of a new corporate bond issuance has been set to $1 billion x accumulated inflation, in a bid to make the bond system more exploit-proof.
davidkie
Level 3 user

Post by davidkie »

Hi, I just send my saved file
I used MOD realworld V11.35 and lab 6.4.17
David

Post by David »

The following change in the latest version 6.5.08 should eliminate the loophole.

>The upper limit of a new corporate bond issuance has been set to $1 billion x accumulated inflation, in a bid to make the bond system more exploit-proof.