Make subsidiary buy from own group

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
tbjack

Make subsidiary buy from own group

Post by tbjack »

Let's say my subsidiary A needs steel for production and my subsidiary B produces enough steel. How can i encourage subsidiary A to buy steel from my group and not from a competitor? i just know the 'prefer own or parent firms'-option. I think this is not the option i'am looking for because 1. it prefers own or parent firms only if it's the better supplier 2. it seems to prefer the parent company and not its subsidaries.
colonel_truman
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Make subsidiary buy from own group

Post by colonel_truman »

tbjack wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:59 pm Let's say my subsidiary A needs steel for production and my subsidiary B produces enough steel. How can i encourage subsidiary A to buy steel from my group and not from a competitor? i just know the 'prefer own or parent firms'-option. I think this is not the option i'am looking for because 1. it prefers own or parent firms only if it's the better supplier 2. it seems to prefer the parent company and not its subsidaries.
You just said it. "from my group". Click on the steel producer´s firm and there´s a "group" button that will make it sell just to your subsidiaries. Second, make sure your steel producer´s market share slider is set to maximize market share (corporate menu) so it will lower the price to make it more attractive to your steel buyer.
Things aren´t getting worse; our information is getting better!
tbjack

Post by tbjack »

thanks! it's working perfectly.
buells
Level 4 user

Post by buells »

Another option to consider for ParentCo if you have a COO is to have it sell internal sale products at cost. That will make your steel much more competitive for the subsidiary to want to buy. Of course, it requires you to sell to internal and group firms only.