OS market share issue

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
lx1996

OS market share issue

Post by lx1996 »

Save file attached, all 4 DLCs on, no mod, game version 6.5.15
QuickSave.zip
(8.34 MiB) Downloaded 67 times

Based on the OS market share pie chart in "Product Details" section, my OS sales spiked immediately after release, then dropped to zero a few months later one of the 6 cities (Beijing). e-commerce sales also fell to zero. Understand that software sales are impacted by release cycle, but don't expect it to halt completely between two releases. The sales pattern in other cities are more reasonable (e.g. Toronto).

Product Details - Market Share - Beijing.png
Product Details - Market Share - Beijing.png (504.71 KiB) Viewed 1448 times
Product Details - Market Share - Toronto.png
Product Details - Market Share - Toronto.png (526.63 KiB) Viewed 1448 times

Also, the sale number displayed in the pie chart for Beijing is not consistent with that in the "Software" report. For the most recent month, the pie chart shows zero copy sold, while the monthly quantity sold in software report is over 30k.

Software Report - OS Info - Beijing.png
Software Report - OS Info - Beijing.png (647.92 KiB) Viewed 1448 times

A separate questions is regarding the stickiness of the OS users. The OS I developed outsold AI one around 4 to 1 for the past couple of years. However, AI OS is actually gaining market share during the period. My user base is almost twice as large 2 years ago, but only 50% larger now. The quality of my OS is way better (100 vs. 36) and has better overall rating in general. Brand loyalty is negative for AI OS.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: OS market share issue

Post by David »

lx1996 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:22 pm Based on the OS market share pie chart in "Product Details" section, my OS sales spiked immediately after release, then dropped to zero a few months later one of the 6 cities (Beijing). e-commerce sales also fell to zero. Understand that software sales are impacted by release cycle, but don't expect it to halt completely between two releases. The sales pattern in other cities are more reasonable (e.g. Toronto).
We used a debug tool to look at the internal sales and demand data of the OS in your save game and it reveals that most people in your targeted user base in Beijing have already upgraded to the latest version, thus explaining the low sales. On the other hand, users in other cities have not embraced the upgrade as rapidly as those in Beijing, hence the sales are still ongoing.
Also, the sale number displayed in the pie chart for Beijing is not consistent with that in the "Software" report. For the most recent month, the pie chart shows zero copy sold, while the monthly quantity sold in software report is over 30k.
Those are sales of your OS software products in physical packages via your e-commerce site (not digital download). Please see the attached screenshot.
Attachments
e-commerce os.jpg
e-commerce os.jpg (183.34 KiB) Viewed 1421 times
lx1996

Re: OS market share issue

Post by lx1996 »

Thanks for the clarification