Upcoming new feature: Separate Layout Plan Libraries for MODs

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Upcoming new feature: Separate Layout Plan Libraries for MODs

Post by David »

The new feature "Separate Layout Plan Libraries for MODs" will be available in the upcoming version 6.6.00.

You may see the details of it in advance at: https://www.capitalismlab.com/improveme ... ries-mods/
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: Upcoming new feature: Separate Layout Plan Libraries for MODs

Post by saffgee »

Amazing - thanks !
Lerura
Level 3 user

Post by Lerura »

I understand taht the game will create an almost empty *.PLO if it can't find a matching one, in any of the location.

Will that works for the vanilla 1ST.PLO also. i.e if I delete 1ST.PLO will it then create a new empty 1ST.PLO?

I am asking because i find most of the predefined plans useless, or least not suitable for my style of play.
I would prefer than predefined and user defined plans were combined with the opportunity to delete any layout plan that you don't like or use.
David

Post by David »

One easy solution is to simply ignore the layout plans in the "Pre-defined" folder and only use the "User-defined" folder which is empty by default.
Lerura
Level 3 user

Post by Lerura »

Yes, but what troubles me is that the games sometimes for no apparent reason automatically switches to the predefined tab.

E.g the first predefined layout for R&D Centers is 9 prod research units split between 4 single units a double and a triple unit, a combination that is probably never used by anyone, while my first first user defined layout is 3 triple units.
These layout are pretty much the same except for 3 more links in my layout.

When setting up multiple R&D centers at once I can usually click the library icon followed by a click on the "use" button without even looking at the selected layout, as I know that the layout I used last will still be selected for the next building.
But if I am interupted by e.g a "new invention" message, I can no longer rely on that, as it sometimes stay at the previous selected layout, sometimes swithches to layout #1 (if not already chosen), and sometimes switches to the predefined tab, and sometimes these changes happens even if nothing interrupts me.

Since the before mensioned layouts are very similar I might end not noticing that I chose the wrong layout, until I have to sellect the duration, or maybe not at all

This means that I have to pay extra attention, not only to the selected layout, but also to the selected tab.
So if there were only one tab, (or two if wildcards are available), then there would be one less thing to pay attention to.

I can simply not see any good reason for the requirement of non-deletable laypouts, occupying there own tab.
The only useful thing about predefined layout is that newbees can get a grasp on setting up a production by looking at these predefined layout, but after a while you are better suited creatng and possible saving your own layouts.
David

Post by David »

I tested it and noticed that it only reset to "Pre-defined" layout plan when you run the game EXE from Windows. For the entire session where you stay in the game, the setting will not change by itself. If you notice otherwise, you may let me know the exact way to replicate the issue and I will ask the programmer to look into it.