Training Individual Retail Stores / Factories

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
PenitentMan85

Training Individual Retail Stores / Factories

Post by PenitentMan85 »

I've noticed that when I have a Chief Operating Officer with the "training budget" enabled, and I assign them to a retail store, the units immediately receive training and become higher levels.

Is this something that I can do on an individual basis for factories and retail stores? Or is that only a function of the AI? Thanks!
colonel_truman
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Training Individual Retail Stores / Factories

Post by colonel_truman »

PenitentMan85 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:02 pm I've noticed that when I have a Chief Operating Officer with the "training budget" enabled, and I assign them to a retail store, the units immediately receive training and become higher levels.

Is this something that I can do on an individual basis for factories and retail stores? Or is that only a function of the AI? Thanks!
There´s a bar in the middle of the firm´s screen that you can adjust. You´ll see it filling red once you do. That´s training. You have also in the HQ the HR department for training in bulk.
Things aren´t getting worse; our information is getting better!
nosedigger

Post by nosedigger »

I would like to explain a little what you reported PenitentMan85, and expand on previous post.

When you go to the tab Persons to hire COO/CTO/CMO, on the right side there is "Expertise" info, which will display their expertise in all fields: Retailing, Farming, Manufacturing, Research, Marketing, Training and Product expertise. These values are represented from 0-100 in tens (10,20,30, etc.) and when you divide it by 20, rounded down, you will get their effective level of units (example Retailing 50 -> 50/20 = 2, which will instantly upgrade unit's levels to 3 !). When you assign COO to stores or factories, their effective number will be applied to the units you created, which you interpreted as "instant training", but if you assign store back to yourself to run it, the unit level will be reverted back to yours effective number (usually to level 1). Here is a explanation how I usually use it:

One of the quickest way to earn money buy production is livestock products - frozen chicken, pork, eggs etc. You just need to setup farm and stores to sell products, there is no need for supply of "raw materials". However, quality of those products depend on level of the livestock raising and livestock processing units inside farm, and since the player usually have 0 expertise, my products will have 30-36 quality and are far below quality of frozen goods from ports. To be able to quickly start producing higher quality farm products, I would create HQ and look for COO which has at least 40 in his/hers Farming expertise. When I hire suitable candidate I assign it to all farms, level of units in farms go to (at least) 3 and I can compete with local farmers and frozen goods imported by ports on same playing field.

As colonel_truman said, in every building, there is a vertical grey bar labeled below as "Training", which you can use to assign new level of training for that store/factory/farm etc. There is no value representation of the training level, but you can use length of bar to assign training to 10%, 50%, 100%. Keep in mind that training takes time and money, and unless it's small convenience store, it can take time to level up units (large factories and large farms are really, really, expensive and time consuming to train).

There is also "Human Resource Department" in HQ that you can setup, and use to setup training on global scale for all of your buildings, OR you can use "Organize intensive training program" that will instantly train up your units everywhere for lump sum of money. Remember that this is not optimal way to do, more of a starting boost, and is less and less effective as you grow your corporation.

One more thing, COO has a box that you can tick that will give free reign over training (they will use training when they see fit), but if it's unticked, you will manually setup and have control of all the training you can have.
rafaeltodero
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by rafaeltodero »

nosedigger wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:21 pm I would like to explain a little what you reported PenitentMan85, and expand on previous post.

When you go to the tab Persons to hire COO/CTO/CMO, on the right side there is "Expertise" info, which will display their expertise in all fields: Retailing, Farming, Manufacturing, Research, Marketing, Training and Product expertise. These values are represented from 0-100 in tens (10,20,30, etc.) and when you divide it by 20, rounded down, you will get their effective level of units (example Retailing 50 -> 50/20 = 2, which will instantly upgrade unit's levels to 3 !). When you assign COO to stores or factories, their effective number will be applied to the units you created, which you interpreted as "instant training", but if you assign store back to yourself to run it, the unit level will be reverted back to yours effective number (usually to level 1). Here is a explanation how I usually use it:

One of the quickest way to earn money buy production is livestock products - frozen chicken, pork, eggs etc. You just need to setup farm and stores to sell products, there is no need for supply of "raw materials". However, quality of those products depend on level of the livestock raising and livestock processing units inside farm, and since the player usually have 0 expertise, my products will have 30-36 quality and are far below quality of frozen goods from ports. To be able to quickly start producing higher quality farm products, I would create HQ and look for COO which has at least 40 in his/hers Farming expertise. When I hire suitable candidate I assign it to all farms, level of units in farms go to (at least) 3 and I can compete with local farmers and frozen goods imported by ports on same playing field.

As colonel_truman said, in every building, there is a vertical grey bar labeled below as "Training", which you can use to assign new level of training for that store/factory/farm etc. There is no value representation of the training level, but you can use length of bar to assign training to 10%, 50%, 100%. Keep in mind that training takes time and money, and unless it's small convenience store, it can take time to level up units (large factories and large farms are really, really, expensive and time consuming to train).

There is also "Human Resource Department" in HQ that you can setup, and use to setup training on global scale for all of your buildings, OR you can use "Organize intensive training program" that will instantly train up your units everywhere for lump sum of money. Remember that this is not optimal way to do, more of a starting boost, and is less and less effective as you grow your corporation.

One more thing, COO has a box that you can tick that will give free reign over training (they will use training when they see fit), but if it's unticked, you will manually setup and have control of all the training you can have.
great explanation, I learned a lot from your explanation
Thank you.