Inflation

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Inflation

Post by jondonnis »

I haven't played it quite a while but started again the other day. Travying to understand the new DLCs. Just purchased the banking one. Anyway. I used to know this but not having played in ages can't remember what setting I used to use.

The long winded question. Who do you play with Inflation? Do you play with it on? Play with it off? Or on but with Inverse on?

I don't like inverse on as it gets to a point where you're forced to invest your money in stuff otherwise your billions become millions and you can start loosing money.

But with inflation on, like I'm playing now, I'd forgotten you get to the point where a box of eggs cost £100!

EDIT- I'll also say, as someone who still struggles to understand the economic details of the game, I'd like to understand it better, it gives me a false sense of achievement with inflation on. Currently my company has $22billion yet I realise this isn't a true reflection as it now cost about £2billion just to lay a wood yard down.

Is there a way to combat inflation while its on? Or does it just increase with no let up?
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Re: Inflation

Post by jondonnis »

OK maybe its been so long I've forgotten even about how inverse works. In my game now, its been over 100 years and now suddenly inflation has popped and reached its limit so its dropped. Luckly just after I started up a subsidiary.