Banking and Finance DLC: Issues/Ideas

Banking and Finance DLC for Capitalism Lab

What do you think? What would you be interested in?

Set Bank Desired Capital Range Min and Max
16%
Set Bank Desired Earnings Payout 0%-50% of Earnings
16%
Banks Earn Interest on Cash through Reserve Deposit Interest
26%
Banks Earn Interest on Cash through Government Bonds
32%
Insurance Companies can Hold Premiums constant at Selected Level
8%
Other Post Below
3%

Total votes: 38

Vladko

Re: Banking and Finance DLC: Issues/Ideas

Post by Vladko »

I did this, but I only have 100 mln, so effectively can set up Insurance Headquarter in cheap city only.
Vladko

Post by Vladko »

David wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:43 am
Vladko wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:57 pm Do you guys know why it is so expensive to set up Insurance Company in the beginning? I just don't have enough cash, so I need to issue capital straight away. Cost of Insurance Company is like 150 mln, but I only have around 50 mln maximum. Anybody knows how to decrease cost of this building?
You can set the "Your Start-up Capital" setting to "Very High" on the new game settings menu to increase your start-up capital from $50 million to $500 million. And make sure that you have turned off "Realistic Money Supply" on the "Others" page of Banking and Finance new game settings, otherwise it will decrease the start-up capital amount.
I did this, but I only have 100 mln, so effectively can set up Insurance Headquarter in cheap city only.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Please make sure that you have turned off "Realistic Money Supply" on the "Others" page of Banking and Finance new game settings, otherwise it will decrease the start-up capital amount from $500M to $100M.
Attachments
RealisticMoneySupply.jpg
RealisticMoneySupply.jpg (124.11 KiB) Viewed 621 times
Vladko

Post by Vladko »

Yes it is set to No by default, since I don't even have City Economic Simulation DLC
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

We have adjusted the start-up capital amount of the player company. The start-up capital is now $500M when the "Your Start-up Capital" setting is set to "Very High".

Please download the latest patch v6.6.10 from viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7948
Jespi

Post by Jespi »

Hello, i have just bought the BaF DLC i´ve been playing it for few hours, so am still discovering the things. But i have the same issue as the first post from "standardplayer."

My situation:
I bought 3 AI companies and own 75% of the company, so i gained control over them.
Two of them are banks and the game still pops-up the thing about unsificient subsidiary capital.

As i read comments here, i switched the "must take action" to "notification only"
But it basically doesn´t solve the issue. Because still the notifications or the "events" are ringing as hell. I can turn off the notifications but still it doesn´t solve the issue.

Basically in theory it means the bank doesn´t have enough capital to cover the ratio. But also the company running the bank doesn´t have cash too, so i can´t inject money from the company to the bank. I must issue bonds or stocks or sell. In practise the AI doesn´t give a damn about having small amount of cash it just still wants to provide new and new loans.

When i observed the capital of the subsidiary it seems the CEO (AI) is like crazy, basically he injects every money of the company into the bank, creating new and new loans. Yes the notification setup does the thing that the bank will stop issue the loans, but once the company have some money, the CEO immediately injects them into the bank creating new loans.

Also the ratio is always a percentile. It´s like. Bank capital ratio is 10%, Bank funds 9.54% Bank capital ratio is 8%, Bank funds 7.87% it almost seems like the problem is created by some conversion , or math equation in games logic i don´t know. But from the AI behavoir it´s not like it would say "okay i need 10% of capital i have 10% fuck it i will provide a loan for 6% of my capital" no it´s always some small amount like 0.4% of the capital.

I think the notification change doesn´t solve the fact, that the CEO is making loans as idiot. I think the solution "standardplayer" provided is the best. To set the minimum amount of cash a bank company must have. So when the ratio is set to 10% and minimum capital is set to 10% CEO wouldn´t be able to constantly inject money under the required value.

Also it would bring one pros. Let´s say the central bank makes the interest bad, so you as player can set the minimum capital to let´s say 30% so basically the bank having required 10% of the capital would have to save money, to get to the new required 30% setting, which means it will save money.
Once the central bank makes the condition good for loans, you can lower the setting back to the 10% and now the bank have enough money to quickly provide loans. But still if the minimum amount is equal to minimum capital ratio, it solves the issue with crazy CEOs.

//Edit: I tested this within two games and i saved them and let them both run a couple of years, and after 11 years it seems the problem somehow solved itself. Now the CEO of all 3 companies (two in one game, one in second game) keeps cash of the bank above the ratio, and also stop injecting the money from the company to the bank, so the company running the bank have steady 100mil+ of cash.
It´s strange, but the problem above is only for few 10 or so years and then it dissapears itself.