Why this game is great and evil

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
sillyMe

Why this game is great and evil

Post by sillyMe »

I bought Capitalism Lab and several DLC recently. I love it but at the same time I'm unhappy with the DRM. I have a laptop. I have to be connected to the internet ALL the time while playing this game. It's super annoying. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
That's why it's not on STEAM. if it was it would be down voted to you know what.
I understand game pirating is real. But I'm not going to buy anything from this developer again, unless I can play it from STEAM and play offline. I can only play this simulation when I'm at my residence. Everything I bought from STEAM I can play where ever I am. I'm usually not at my residence but for the holidays I am. I travel a lot and I'm not going to use up my mobile cell phone hot spot data to play a game when I can play other games on my free time without using data.
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: Why this game is great and evil

Post by paulwoman »

The last time I tested, I could connect without having an internet connection, but you have to connect at least once beforehand.

Maybe a collaboration with GOG could be posssible ?
Kniz

Post by Kniz »

Yeah. I completely agree. Having to connect with the internet really ruins a lot of the aspects of the game, and portability.
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

You don't. You connect once with your user name and password that you registered and then that's it. It checks once but never again. DRM is annoying and I was annoyed but its not intrusive and you don't always have to be connected to the Internet. The first run after a clean install and that's it.

A few years back I was even playing this on the Eurostar while on the way to Belgium while NOT being on their WIFI.
Kniz

Post by Kniz »

jondonnis wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:07 pm You don't. You connect once with your user name and password that you registered and then that's it. It checks once but never again. DRM is annoying and I was annoyed but its not intrusive and you don't always have to be connected to the Internet. The first run after a clean install and that's it.

A few years back I was even playing this on the Eurostar while on the way to Belgium while NOT being on their WIFI.
That's weird then because on my computer it always seems to request that I sign back in
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

You'll get the sign in box but it only checks on a fresh install. Just click sign in while offline and you'll see, it lets you play.