Private company buying public company

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
Lucy678

Private company buying public company

Post by Lucy678 »

I was playing the other day and trying to gain control of another company. I had around 42% of the company and suddenly a private company acquired then this company. I was not given any cash as a result of this private company buying the company, I was instead given stock in the private company. However, there is no option to buy this private company when going to the Corp details page.

So a couple of questions. How did the private company buy the public company when they didn’t even have 75% of the company in ownership? Second, how do I get any of the cash back that I put into this company if the private company acquired it? Third, is it possible that this private company would eventually be able to be acquired and then I would essentially be able to buy it at a bigger discount since I already have ownership?
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Re: Private company buying public company

Post by jondonnis »

I've noticed a few private companies being bought in game by another company. Which I was confused about. As if they are private how are they purchased when no stocks are available.

Maybe its a similar issue.
phakdhew
Level 2 user

Re: Private company buying public company

Post by phakdhew »

Yes, i also found both issues above.

Still until now, i can not figured out how to bought the private company. There is an option on our subsidiary management, to ask them to bought a private company. But since the private company own my shares, then i think it's impossible for my subsidiary to bought the private.
It's quite annoying, when those private company is my own kryptonite. :lol: and i can do nothing harm to them.