Ideas for Content Pack for Digital Age DLC - Smart Phone Industry

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab

Would you be interested in the Smart Phone Content Pack?

Yes, I would buy it for $4.99.
38%
Yes, I would buy it for $3.99.
10%
Yes, I would buy it for $2.99.
10%
Yes, I would buy it for $1.99.
10%
Yes, but only if it is free.
29%
No
5%

Total votes: 21

Neckername
Level 2 user

Re: Ideas for Content Pack for Digital Age DLC - Smart Phone Industry

Post by Neckername »

Well if this is done I would highly recommend upgrading the Telecom industry as a whole to integrate with it. As it is pretty useless right now and has so much potential for both wired and wireless services.

1. Change that GOD**** capacity value to Gigabits please! That leads way to my next suggestion.
2. Allow for different speed packages and network upgrades to allow for those. The current model allows for pretty much no competition and it is basically a first come first serve market that the AI is most likely to win.
3. Allow the Telecom to offer different services like phone and television with internet. And allow bundle packages for those.
4. Allow for cell towers to be built and upgraded with technology from R&D (ie: 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G).
5. Allow for different cellular plans and data, talk, and text limits, and allow them to be unlimited selectively.
6. Allow the phones to integrate into the internet users portion of the digital tab under city info. And allow the data use to integrate with the telecom of the area (those towers have to have fiber access).
7. To avoid towers everywhere allow companies to lease service space to other companies.
8. Allow for Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs) to buy in bulk from Telecoms for resale.

That's pretty much it. I'll probably have wayyyy more ideas soon though.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Neckername wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:48 am Well if this is done I would highly recommend upgrading the Telecom industry as a whole to integrate with it. As it is pretty useless right now and has so much potential for both wired and wireless services.

1. Change that GOD**** capacity value to Gigabits please! That leads way to my next suggestion.
2. Allow for different speed packages and network upgrades to allow for those. The current model allows for pretty much no competition and it is basically a first come first serve market that the AI is most likely to win.
3. Allow the Telecom to offer different services like phone and television with internet. And allow bundle packages for those.
4. Allow for cell towers to be built and upgraded with technology from R&D (ie: 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G).
5. Allow for different cellular plans and data, talk, and text limits, and allow them to be unlimited selectively.
6. Allow the phones to integrate into the internet users portion of the digital tab under city info. And allow the data use to integrate with the telecom of the area (those towers have to have fiber access).
7. To avoid towers everywhere allow companies to lease service space to other companies.
8. Allow for Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs) to buy in bulk from Telecoms for resale.

That's pretty much it. I'll probably have wayyyy more ideas soon though.
Hi Neckername, there is a discussion thread on possibilities of enhancing the telcom simulation, which align with some of your ideas above. But it has been facing hurdles when it comes to translating the high concepts into implementable details. Do you have any suggestions on this? Please see the thread at http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... 598#p29598?
Namennaj

Post by Namennaj »

Hi David,

I would buy this. Will we be managing the Apps like we do Internet companies at the moment?

A few suggestions (Please note that these are just suggestions, I understand that you have limited resources to develop new features. These are just ideas that you might find useful.):

1. The ability to start the game with the Smartphone market already developed. You will basically only focus on building apps.
2. Cheap starting location to simulate home start-ups like Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. Really low start-up funds to go with this.
3. New campus buildings like Amazon, Google and Expedia have. It is one expensive building that can produce multiple apps and do research. The monthly cost can scale with the number of apps produced.
4. For items 2 & 3, the ability to rent instead of buy. More expensive in the long run, but again helps with low start-up funds.
5. Add online hosting as a key feature, like AWS or Azure.

I also like the ideas mentioned regarding telecoms.

A few other non-related suggestions:

1. Simulate living expenses for the player. You have to pay yourself a salary. Currently, it is possible to pay yourself a $0 salary and get by.
2. I know this is a big one, but when you go to your local grocer, there are not just 4 products on the shelf. Please create an expansion where all shops work as internet companies do. It would make the game more realistic. There can still be a variety of shops, with different stock sizes.
3. Add malls, which can host a variety of shops mentioned in item 2. This can add to the real estate game.
4. A logistics department at the headquarters. The logistics manager can either make logistics better, or they can give recommendations of what to build to make logistics better. Again, I am thinking of Amazon who has one big warehouse in Germany and they manage deliveries to smaller warehouses in each European country. I know they do the same in the US.
5. Free-range farms are normally very big, so I would suggest to move them off the city maps, and instead have abattoirs, sheering companies, and packaging companies for fruit. I know intensive farms are smaller and are more realistic for the size of farms on the map, but they normally get their silage and other foods from big farms further away. Again, a farming DLC is something could be interesting.
6. A bigger variety of vehicles/boats to build.
7. Tools industry (since we are building so many buildings).

Hopefully, you find something interesting in my ideas. Either way, keep up the good work.
SchrodingerGargoyle
Level 2 user

Post by SchrodingerGargoyle »

Hey David, is the content pack still in development? Will it be released soon?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

SchrodingerGargoyle wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:49 pm Hey David, is the content pack still in development? Will it be released soon?
I've set up a poll for it at the top post of this thread. The user feedback will help us determine the direction towards this content pack.