Is there any way we can sell/transfer bank/insurance firm?

Banking and Finance DLC for Capitalism Lab

Make it possible to sell/transfer bank/insurance firm

I would like to see this feature implemented, even though it may lead to exploits.
82%
It would be better not to implement it, out of the concern that it may open up new exploit possibilities.
18%

Total votes: 51

JJzero
Level 2 user

Re: Is there any way we can sell/transfer bank/insurance firm?

Post by JJzero »

Я согласен, эксплойты не надо убирать.
Можно было добавить подобные эксплойты и криминальную деятельность, чтобы ИИ тоже могли это использовать . Например, запугивать хозяев магазина чтобы они заплатили за защиту (иначе - поджёг).
Мнения?
Google translator
I agree, exploits do not need to be removed.
Such exploits and criminal activity could be added so that the AI could use it too. For example, intimidating the shopkeepers into paying for protection (otherwise, setting them on fire).
Opinions?
amitnageshri7

Post by amitnageshri7 »

Guys - i think this sounds logical, please consider it
amitnageshri7 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:32 am
saferain wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:32 pm
standardplayer wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:03 pm
What kind of Exploits do you think would happen?
This is what I suggest the game company shut down.
There is a very large loophole, the time is suspended, the parent company establishes subsidiary A, and then A issues the largest number of bonds. Subsidiary A establishes subsidiary B, and B issues the largest amount of bonds. B establishes subsidiary C. . . And so on. Subsidiary G then establishes the bank headquarters and deposits all cash in the bank. Transfer bank headquarters to parent company. The remaining companies went bankrupt. The parent company owns the bank headquarters or insurance headquarters with all cash.
there is a simple solution for this - When you transfer the sub G, was it for free ? How was it valued ? It had all the Cash on Bal Sheet + Future expected cashflows from the Bank and hence the transfer needs to be valued accordingly. for e.g. Assuming you garner lets say $ 5 Bn in cash using issued bonds from your subs method (which is actually a far fetch, given there is now a limit on the bonds you can issue as well). The transfer from Sub G to Sub A has to be at minimum $ 5 Bn + some valuation formula for future cash flow. Another idea is the Brand value of that Bank, which would add to this valuation. Thus such a transfer would be close to %$7-8 Bn. I think this will resolve this cheat.
buells
Level 4 user

Post by buells »

As long as it isn't too easy to accidentally use an exploit, then I think it is fine.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

amitnageshri7 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:38 pm Guys - i think this sounds logical, please consider it
saferain wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:32 pm

This is what I suggest the game company shut down.
There is a very large loophole, the time is suspended, the parent company establishes subsidiary A, and then A issues the largest number of bonds. Subsidiary A establishes subsidiary B, and B issues the largest amount of bonds. B establishes subsidiary C. . . And so on. Subsidiary G then establishes the bank headquarters and deposits all cash in the bank. Transfer bank headquarters to parent company. The remaining companies went bankrupt. The parent company owns the bank headquarters or insurance headquarters with all cash.
there is a simple solution for this - When you transfer the sub G, was it for free ? How was it valued ? It had all the Cash on Bal Sheet + Future expected cashflows from the Bank and hence the transfer needs to be valued accordingly. for e.g. Assuming you garner lets say $ 5 Bn in cash using issued bonds from your subs method (which is actually a far fetch, given there is now a limit on the bonds you can issue as well). The transfer from Sub G to Sub A has to be at minimum $ 5 Bn + some valuation formula for future cash flow. Another idea is the Brand value of that Bank, which would add to this valuation. Thus such a transfer would be close to %$7-8 Bn. I think this will resolve this cheat.
Why not just make it where the debt has to be backed by the parent company. If you create a brand new company, no bank is going to give you a loan without having some form of guarantee from a party that can ensure repayment. That party would be the parent company. Also, why not just have it where brand new subsidiaries can not issue bonds for a period of 3 - 5 years. A brand new company doesn't have access to the bond market immediately upon creation unless those bonds come with a guarantee from a parent company.

I think this would be a simple solution and would keep players from taking out debt on companies they plan to just let go bankrupt.
amitnageshri7

Post by amitnageshri7 »

yep I agree but only thing is if 3-5 yrs are given, users will open dummy subs at the beginning of the game and then use this cheat later, so doesn't really solve the prob. guaranteed debt is a good suggestion.
Arcnor wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:39 am
amitnageshri7 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:38 pm Guys - i think this sounds logical, please consider it

Why not just make it where the debt has to be backed by the parent company. If you create a brand new company, no bank is going to give you a loan without having some form of guarantee from a party that can ensure repayment. That party would be the parent company. Also, why not just have it where brand new subsidiaries can not issue bonds for a period of 3 - 5 years. A brand new company doesn't have access to the bond market immediately upon creation unless those bonds come with a guarantee from a parent company.

I think this would be a simple solution and would keep players from taking out debt on companies they plan to just let go bankrupt.