Tanking your Stock price

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
CapitalismLabStory
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Tanking your Stock price

Post by CapitalismLabStory »

Hi all, so this is the opposite lol
For the Toys and Gadgets Scenario you need to own 80% of your corporation. After going broke for a bit I did sell my shares and well now I need to drop my price so that I can buy it cheap. All the shareholders are selling it for almost double :(

I believe one of the ways is:
1. Build more R&Ds
2. Invest in mines (after they dry up you lose money)

Anyone else have ideas?
CapitalismLabStory
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Tanking your Stock price

Post by CapitalismLabStory »

Rack up huge amount of cash, set dividend to 100% and lose the money. And also issue shares at 20% discount (while game is paused) to buy up shares from your CEO (give him 100m annual salary too).

I have completed the Toys and gadgets scenario :)
13thscholar
Level 2 user

Post by 13thscholar »

It appears to be balance sheet related to me. I have finished the scenario, the way I tanked it from over 2k to 1k was to manipulate stock returns by 2 methods.

1.Merge a cheaper company, as the shares absorbed and bought go down as a loss on the balance sheet as you no longer have the asset.
2. Same theory but buy back your own shares with company funds.

then there is the obvious massive salary to yourself and lower profits (you use R&D and mines, I sold at lower prices to maintain market share) which raises the P/E ratio.

can't comment to the dividend effectiveness, but it will give the money to your targets, and potentially raising stock price.

be careful though, as lower cash profits means you have a lower salary too.
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

Another idea is the warehouse advertising. Use the middle 3 rows as advertising units. Top 3 & bottom 3 rows as goods in. Spend lots on advertising each month. I never seem to make massive profits like some so use this to advertise but it also drains profits quickly while upping my brand.