I demolished the houses of all citizens. Where will they live?

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
bycomet
Level 3 user

I demolished the houses of all citizens. Where will they live?

Post by bycomet »

I purchased all housing land. Citizens have no house to live in. Although AI companies constructed some apartments, it didn't offset the decrease in housing supply. The relative housing supply is negative, but the population remains the same (and it seems that the housing supply does not impact the population). So where do people live in this city?
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 5792 times
Zeke_Bohansen
Level 2 user

Re: I demolished the houses of all citizens. Where will they live?

Post by Zeke_Bohansen »

It's good to know that houses on the map are purely decorative.
Now I won't worry about my Megastore's placement.
GnoSiS
Level 2 user

Post by GnoSiS »

Simple, they live in the streets and in slums!

Or right outside of the city in the rural area, that is not modelled, and they commute each day to the city.

Remember that zoning and land ownership is just a model of rules on paper. What happens on the ground, is a different story!
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

bycomet wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:31 am I purchased all housing land. Citizens have no house to live in. Although AI companies constructed some apartments, it didn't offset the decrease in housing supply. The relative housing supply is negative, but the population remains the same (and it seems that the housing supply does not impact the population). So where do people live in this city?

hello,
this is an interesting situation...
then buildings have no effect?
I think there is something that needs to be fixed here?
bu ilginç bir durum...
o zaman binaların etkisi olmaz mı?
Bence burada düzeltilmesi gereken bir şeyler var gibi
bycomet
Level 3 user

Post by bycomet »

mdemircan2 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:33 pm
bycomet wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:31 am I purchased all housing land. Citizens have no house to live in. Although AI companies constructed some apartments, it didn't offset the decrease in housing supply. The relative housing supply is negative, but the population remains the same (and it seems that the housing supply does not impact the population). So where do people live in this city?
then buildings have no effect?
I think there is something that needs to be fixed here?
I think either company-built apartments or the original citizen houses have the effect to supply houses to the city.

If you look at the housing suppoly&demand graph of the attached screenshot, you will see two downtrends and one uptrend, the two downtrends are the result of my purchases of land to remove original citizen houses, and the uptrend is caused by apartments built by AI companies. The movement of this housing index is a reasonable reaction to what happened in the city. The problem is the population remains unaffected even if people have no place to live.
FIIIIIG
Level 2 user

Post by FIIIIIG »

OK, I would like the devs to explain this as this truly seems like a bug.