Bug on Insurance company

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
Jakeybay

Bug on Insurance company

Post by Jakeybay »

Hi Devs, I have found a bug and I am hoping you can get this fix.so I have been growing an insurance company up however I have noticed I get taxed based on the value of the shares and not on the value of shares I sell and the profit that is made based on this.

Shouldn’t I get taxed based on the selling of the shares profit I make when selling the stocks and on the bond interest and dividends I get? Are you also able to add a feature to see both these figures separately.

Many thanks, Jake
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Bug on Insurance company

Post by David »

Please be informed that, for gameplay reasons, the game employs a method in which gains in stock prices in an insurance company are taxed. However, if stock prices fall in the future, the company will receive tax credits that can be used to offset future taxes. In the long run, the effect of the insurance firm tax should be fair to all AI companies and the player company.

If only realized gains in stocks are taxed, the game will need to provide two income statements for an insurance company, one that includes unrealized gains (so that you can see the current profitability of the insurance company) and another that does not include unrealized gains (for calculating the tax), which will be too complicated and not good for gameplay. In fact, various types of simplifications can be found throughout the game, such as the training effects on the firm levels, in order to keep things playable and simple to understand.