[HELP] Weird Cash Outflow Issue in my Insurance Company

Banking and Finance DLC for Capitalism Lab
dmsenar

[HELP] Weird Cash Outflow Issue in my Insurance Company

Post by dmsenar »

I am almost 2 years in the game managing only an insurance company. I was able to raise my insurance company's equity capital to almost $1B by investing in the local stock market using the underwriting profits and the loans and bonds obtained by my corporation which I transferred to the insurance company. I have around ~$10M cash in my insurance company when suddenly it became $-60M and a notice popped out that I need to transfer or raise funds to my insurance company as it runs out of cash. I was forced to sell some stocks from my insurance company's holdings to make my cash positive. Afterward, the notice went away and a new one popped out. The system was asking me to raise funds from my corporation. It was asking almost the same amount of deficit I got from my insurance company. I was forced to raise the necessary funds and after meeting the cash needed, the error went away but the funds I raised remained.

Question #1: What was the huge cash outflow of my insurance company which seems to happen every 1st day of the month? Aren't the claims, operating expenses, and profit tax not being deducted immediately?
Question #2: Why am I getting a second pop-up to raise funds from my corporation even after I solve the cash issue in my insurance company?

Insurance Company's Balance Sheet
1.png
1.png (290.13 KiB) Viewed 7023 times
Insurance Company's Income Statement
2.png
2.png (305.67 KiB) Viewed 7023 times
Notice to Raise Funds from my Corporation
3.png
3.png (128.26 KiB) Viewed 7023 times
Corporation cash not deducted after raising the fund
4.png
4.png (180.24 KiB) Viewed 7023 times
Last edited by dmsenar on Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: [HELP] Weird Cash Outflow Issue in my Insurance Company

Post by David »

The images you posted are not viewable. Could you please post them again?
dmsenar

Post by dmsenar »

Hi David,

The images have now been posted properly and I have an idea of what happened in my 1st question.

It looks like the unrealized gains of stocks held by the Insurance Company will be booked as Investment Income even if the stock is still not sold, and thus this Investment Income will be subject to Profit Tax.
This is a different case if the Corporation holds the stocks. It will only be subject to Profit Tax once the stocks got sold.

For my question #2, I think this needs to be fixed. The warning shouldn't pop out once the Insurance Company was able to raise enough cash by selling its assets.
David

Post by David »

dmsenar wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:21 pm For my question #2, I think this needs to be fixed. The warning shouldn't pop out once the Insurance Company was able to raise enough cash by selling its assets.
We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the problem with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
dmsenar

Post by dmsenar »

Hi David.

I've attached the save game file. I'm using the CapLab Post-Release Beta v8.2.04 with RealWorld v12.0 MOD.
Once you open the saved game and let the time run, you should be able to see the Raise Funds notice for the Insurance firm pop-up.
Now, assume that you can't raise cash from the corporation and have it transferred to the Insurance firm, and the only way to raise cash is by selling the insurance company's stock holdings.
You should see the first Raise Fund notice disappear, but in a short while, a new Raise Fund notice for the Corporation will pop up unnecessarily.
Attachments
INSURANCE_RAISE FUNDS BUG.zip
(5.28 MiB) Downloaded 192 times
David

Post by David »

The save game file you provided is different from the one where you posted the screenshots. I tested it and it didn't have the problem of the popping up the out of cash window while the insurance company still has cash.

One way you could test it on your own is that you could open the insurance company's balance sheet screen and let the game run, and see if the out of cash window only appears when the cash turns negative. Or you can send me the save game file associated with the screenshots you posted and I will take a look at it.
Jakeybay

Post by Jakeybay »

I am also having this issue if you have a stock and the value increases you pay tax when in reality in should be only when you sell it and make a profit (tax paid on the profit only) and on the dividends you make
David

Post by David »

Jakeybay wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:41 pm I am also having this issue if you have a stock and the value increases you pay tax when in reality in should be only when you sell it and make a profit (tax paid on the profit only) and on the dividends you make
Please see my reply at viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9000&p=38295#p38295