Marketing

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
Joep
Level 2 user

Marketing

Post by Joep »

Hi guys,

In the scenario Master of Capital you have to dominate 3 different industries with 3 different subsidiaries.

Of course you could have a main company (retail, manufacturing, etc.), a real estate and a media subsidiary.

But in a new game I decided to experiment with a separate Retail, a separate Manufacturing, and a separate Mining/Farming subsidiary.

Doing so it gives a new challenge around marketing. The marketing officer of the Retail Sub doesn't market the Manufacturing's sub products, hence you don't profit from marketing created value.

One option is to start private labeling everything the Retail Sub buys from the Manufacturing sub.
This seems to be quite costly and is not really efficient (For every 4 factories{with all the same product}, I created a Retail warehouse with 4 inputs, 1 labeling, and 4 output units). At level 9 labeling it was still way too slow)

Another option would be to let the Manufacturing sub do the marketing. But since it is not possible to add a marketing unit to a warehouse, I dont know what would be the way to go.

Would like to know your idea's how to approach this?