Video Game Thumb Candy mod (v1.1)

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Video Game Thumb Candy mod (v1.1)

Post by David »

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may email the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
Sebmono

Post by Sebmono »

Sure thing! I'm on version 6.2.06 of Capitalism Lab and I've attached the save file, along with a bunch of screenshots showing the state of my OS tech and the missing version update button (or at least where they should be).
SEBA_001.zip
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 258 times
c1.png
c1.png (144.02 KiB) Viewed 7516 times
c2.png
c2.png (170.9 KiB) Viewed 7516 times
c3.png
c3.png (173.25 KiB) Viewed 7516 times
c4.png
c4.png (169.45 KiB) Viewed 7516 times
c5.png
c5.png (318.47 KiB) Viewed 7516 times
David

Post by David »

Sebmono wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:11 pm
TheOldGuard wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:20 am Does this MOD still work? I've downloaded it and installed it ok. However, the game won't update the OS firmware on my console and the quality of the firmware has gone from 30, when i first released it, down to 9 a few years after it's release. I developed a game for my console but nobody is buying the game. I reduced the price of the game to $0.01 and they still wont buy it, either from my E-Commerce building or from my computer store. The stupid thing is, my console is selling really well, but they have nothing to play on it?? I don't understand how this is happening. Is this MOD out-of-date or something??
I have this same issue, the buttons for New Version and Auto are just missing from my Software Company and I am unable to release updated OS versions, despite having much increased my OS tech. The AI company seems to have no issues releasing new versions of it's OS, just me. Any idea on what the issue may be?
This bug has been fixed in the latest version 6.3.02 which can be downloaded from http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =52&t=7312
Brutus
Level 4 user

Post by Brutus »

So I tried this mod and I ran into a few issues

1. I was not able to produce a game title that was already taken by another company or before there is an OS to develop it for (correct and logical according to the instructions and realism),

however the AI does not seem to play with the same rules and happily selects products before an OS is released and it can even produce and release the very same titles as your own :lol: (see attached image below)

DuplicateTitles.png
DuplicateTitles.png (1.21 MiB) Viewed 6735 times

One of the bigger problems with this mechanic is that the AI will instantly select a game and a title to develop before you are capable of selecting it yourself. The AI will auto-grab it on day 1 if it wants too and there's nothing you can do about it. My character started with fighting game expertise for example. No problem I thought, I'd start out making those however you cannot produce/select one until there's an OS to run it on, which is okay, but when there is an console, on the very same day the AI will instantly grab it and it is impossible for a player to pick a title before the AI does. Heck I've seen it pick titles before they can be picked at all ... (a 30 day buffer where the AI does not pick titles after an OS is launched would help the player actually grab one on time)

sidenote: The sales for a console are kinda hilarious when you realize they sell like hot cakes even when there's not a single game available for it for like half a year to 2 years after its launch ... Console quality should be much much more dependent on the apps availability. This holds true also for Computer OS's in the default game.

2. I developed Megaman 3 first (where's megaman 1 lol? It's not in the list, this is blasphemy!)

3. After I released Megaman 3, I had the exact same software firm develop a new game product, Asterix Operation Getafix but now I can't select Megaman 3 anymore as a product from this firm and it cannot get updates, nor can it be selected in a new software firm. It's in limbo so to speak. You only run into this problem if you assign a new product to a software firm but you apparently should never do this for video games because you will never be able to click the same product again.

4. I set up a computer store to sell my games and the name displayed in the firm purchasing/sales units are incorrect.

IncorrectUnitDisplay.png
IncorrectUnitDisplay.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 6735 times
5. The video game mod instructions page.

https://www.capitalismlab.com/digital-a ... -game-mod/

Mentions the ability to start with OS tech however this option is not available. What is the script command to enable it or how does one access it?

I've added my savegame for reference, all of these bugs are easily reproducible upon starting a new game, it's really easy to trigger them as well.
V6.5.17
Mod: ThumbCandy V1.1
Attachments
NOAH_045.zip
(4.31 MiB) Downloaded 236 times
Slyguy3129

Post by Slyguy3129 »

Mod looks like fun, but something isn't right.

I've followed the "guide" but it seems it's already out of date. For one, I can't choose Open Source or Proprietary, it never gives the option. Two after building a Software Company I can't build a Console OS/Input/etc the options just are not there. Three, when I decided fine I'll just use the handy "Already have all this Button" at the start of the game, it isn't there either.....
rlqhd5256

Post by rlqhd5256 »

How did you modify the R&D Unit's name(IP) and their process?
David

Post by David »

Slyguy3129 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:35 am I've followed the "guide" but it seems it's already out of date. For one, I can't choose Open Source or Proprietary, it never gives the option.
For those types of hardware which you couldn't choose Open Source or Proprietary, it must be that the mod creator has defined them as Open Source or Proprietary already. You can only choose Open Source or Proprietary if the hardware type is not yet defined to either Open Source or Proprietary by the mod creator, such as the hardware in Group 2 as shown in the attached screenshot.
Two after building a Software Company I can't build a Console OS/Input/etc the options just are not there.
The mod creator has changed Console OS/Input/Display to a different set of technology for Console Firmware, as you can see in the attached screenshot.
Slyguy3129 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:35 am Three, when I decided fine I'll just use the handy "Already have all this Button" at the start of the game, it isn't there either.....
I couldn't find this "Already have all this Button" button you mentioned on https://www.capitalismlab.com/digital-a ... -game-mod/. Where did you see it described?
Attachments
consoleFirmware.jpg
consoleFirmware.jpg (237.06 KiB) Viewed 6315 times
IP1.jpg
IP1.jpg (125.04 KiB) Viewed 6315 times
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

If you want install the mod more easier : please download and install it :) https://data.netfinity.fr/f/abde48c5f93d495ea641/?dl=1

David, if you can add it in the first post, it could be great ^^.
David

Post by David »

paulwoman wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:08 pm If you want install the mod more easier : please download and install it :) https://data.netfinity.fr/f/abde48c5f93d495ea641/?dl=1

David, if you can add it in the first post, it could be great ^^.
Thanks for preparing the installer. I've added it to the first post.
DagnyColburn

Post by DagnyColburn »

Hi, I'm a new member. I also installed your mod here and it works pretty well. Thanks for your innovative mod.