If private companies are going bust will they go IPO

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
chrisuk

If private companies are going bust will they go IPO

Post by chrisuk »

I have set all companies to private and if they are going bankrupt will they go to IPO like the player does to save their company from going under or will they just go bankrupt and end?

Would like to know thanks
Bassfordd
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: If private companies are going bust will they go IPO

Post by Bassfordd »

I would like to know this, I performed a search for this question o the forum but with no luck.

I like to set the same conditions at the start of the game for AI and the player. But I don't know if, as the player, the AI can go IPO at anytime and/or when bankrupted.
LeonelLiao

Post by LeonelLiao »

If all companies are made private, they cannot go public with an IPO, as this is the process of a company's public offering on the stock exchange. If a company goes bankrupt, it can be liquidated or sold to another investor who can continue its operations. However, if the company goes bankrupt and cannot recover its finances, it can cease operations and close down.
Bassfordd
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by Bassfordd »

Already tested it.

If you set all companies to private, the WILL go IPO soon or later. Or at least they have the possibility.

In my current game, I set all companies to private, and in 10-15 years, if they are successful, they go ipo.
wabuckeye1

Post by wabuckeye1 »

Would you happen to know how I can buy stock in my own company or do a corporate buyback? When I go to the exchange, it lists every company I can buy stock in but not mine. There are several strategies involving buying one's own stock so not being able to do so is a minus. Is there a setting I'm missing or what? Any help would be appreciated.