Advertising unit auto link

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
Joubarbe
Level 2 user

Advertising unit auto link

Post by Joubarbe »

Hi,

So if I understand correctly, linking your advertising units to your sales unit is essential when using the Unique Brand strategy. However, I've noticed that both the COO and the Marketing Manager always disable the links that exist between the advertisement unit and the sales unit, leading in a drastic fall of my brand score. I put max. speed, and I can clearly see the score going up for a few seconds when I re-enable the link, before the manager deactivates it again.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Advertising unit auto link

Post by David »

The CMO may try to strike a balance between increases in brand rating and advertising costs.
If you want your CMO to increase advertising spending, you may increase the Target Brand Rating, as shown in the below screenshot.
Attachments
CMO.jpg
CMO.jpg (35.89 KiB) Viewed 810 times
Joubarbe
Level 2 user

Post by Joubarbe »

Hmm, does it answer my question? I'm talking about the links between advertising units and selling units that get deactivated by the CMO. Does it mean he's just cutting advertisement this way? If an advertising unit is not linked, it doesn't cost anything?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Joubarbe wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:49 am Hmm, does it answer my question? I'm talking about the links between advertising units and selling units that get deactivated by the CMO. Does it mean he's just cutting advertisement this way? If an advertising unit is not linked, it doesn't cost anything?
The AI will disconnect the link when the brand rating is high enough, and it will reconnect it when it wants to advertise it again. It is like switching the advertising on and off.