Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 9.0.10 Patch

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 9.0.02 Patch

Post by David »

Krikraker wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:31 pm A message window is blocking the game to continue.

Playing a game (Post-Release Beta 9.0.02 version) at 294% of difficulty using Spanish translation. On January 2001, just when I obtained computer technology 66, an AI corporation person (Leo Collins, CEO of United Array) made an offer to buy it. I have tried to reject it, to raise the price so that he rejects to pay that price, but the message window pops up again a few seconds after and it is not possible to keep on playing, as it pauses the game even if you minimize the message window. Tried to load a save two months before the event, and reboot my Pc, but no way.

Finally I tried to sell the technology to see if it was only a one-time issue. But a year after, when I reached technology level 94 the same happened. The same company. And few time after I decided to sell it again, to allow the game to keep on running, another offer to buy my printer technology level 115, by the same company. This AI person has expertise in Computers.
We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file ?

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab Post-release Beta\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
Krikraker
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by Krikraker »

David, I send you attached 2 saves, 44 is one month before the problem started, and 45 is one game blocked by that problem, I could run 2 months using the few seconds before the pop up appeared again. Maybe can help you check both.

I played another game during 50 hours at 242% difficulty and had no problems. Post-Release version using Spanish translation too. I like much the new features introduced in the beta, make very confortable to play the game.

Hope this help you to find the bug.
Attachments
DESI_045.rar
(1.76 MiB) Downloaded 306 times
DESI_044.rar
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 293 times
Krikraker
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by Krikraker »

I found something else. When set up a Chief Marketing Office in your headquarters, hire a new CMO. If you try to "Set a new advertising budget for all your advertising units" the slide bar doesn´t move. It is stuck at max and it is not possible to move it. I tested with different games, using English and Spanish translations and it is the same always.
David

Post by David »

Krikraker wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:09 pm I found something else. When set up a Chief Marketing Office in your headquarters, hire a new CMO. If you try to "Set a new advertising budget for all your advertising units" the slide bar doesn´t move. It is stuck at max and it is not possible to move it. I tested with different games, using English and Spanish translations and it is the same always.
This bug and the bug you reported in other post have been fixed. Please download the latest version 9.0.03. Thanks.
arxbombus

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 9.0.03 Patch

Post by arxbombus »

David, there's a bug where you can't set branding type with the concurrent window open. This was also the case for my subsidiaries. It only becomes possible once you close the concurrent window. Hopefully this is a bug and not a feature :D Additionally, when you have the concurrent window open, you can't switch between the local and global stock exchange using the UI anymore because the controls become hidden with the new concurrent window.
David

Post by David »

arxbombus wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:02 pm David, there's a bug where you can't set branding type with the concurrent window open. This was also the case for my subsidiaries. It only becomes possible once you close the concurrent window.
I just tested it and I was able to change the brand strategy without any problems.

Could you please let me know the exact steps for triggering the bug you mentioned?
arxbombus

Post by arxbombus »

David wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:28 pm I just tested it and I was able to change the brand strategy without any problems.
Could you please let me know the exact steps for triggering the bug you mentioned?
David, please refer to this video for the bug in question (https://youtu.be/bGRKqu3CngA)
David

Post by David »

arxbombus wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:02 pm
David wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:28 pm I just tested it and I was able to change the brand strategy without any problems.
David, please refer to this video for the bug in question (https://youtu.be/bGRKqu3CngA)
Both issues that you have reported will be fixed in the next update v9.0.04.
LancerSykera

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 9.0.08 Patch

Post by LancerSykera »

9.0.08 - I hired a COO. I try to assign him to all firms. Game crashes with "Error on File: C:\CLsrc\j_inv.cpp Line: 291"

Happens every time. Same with assigning to all factories. I did manage to assign him to a few individual firms before it happened again.
Attachments
JAKE_002.zip
(3.17 MiB) Downloaded 288 times
David

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 9.0.08 Patch

Post by David »

LancerSykera wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:58 am 9.0.08 - I hired a COO. I try to assign him to all firms. Game crashes with "Error on File: C:\CLsrc\j_inv.cpp Line: 291"

Happens every time. Same with assigning to all factories. I did manage to assign him to a few individual firms before it happened again.
We have released the new patch v9.0.09 with the fix for this bug. Please download it from viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9055