Potential Bug: Ad Unit in Factory

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
bailey5050

Potential Bug: Ad Unit in Factory

Post by bailey5050 »

Version = 9.1.29

1. Start a new game.
2. Create a factory that makes jewelry with an advertising unit in the center square. Find a media and link ad unit to 3 sales units (my jewelry factor produces silver necklace, gold ring and bracelet).
3. Set up jewelry and watch store with three purchasing units and 6 sales unit (S-P-S for each row).
4. Link products from factory to store.
5. Run

The products ship and sell just fine. However, the factory is selling jewelry with a brand rating while the store is selling the same jewelry where brand = 0. The purchase square in the retail store does show brand > 0 but when it moves to the selling unit, brand reverts to 0.

Things I have tried:
1. Re-link product
2. Totally remove both sales units for the one jewelry item by changing them to None and then adding the two sales units. Re-ran but the problem still persists.

Settings:
I am not playing with the built-in advertising unit. I want to manually build an advertising unit. Not sure what option that is.

is there another option that is preventing the above or is it a bug?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Potential Bug: Ad Unit in Factory

Post by David »

I set up a factory and a retail store following your instructions but I didn't encounter the problem. Please see the attached screenshot.

Could you please provide us with your save game file?

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
Attachments
SalesUnit.jpg
SalesUnit.jpg (160.38 KiB) Viewed 2522 times