If products are obsolete I can't fulfil objectives

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

If products are obsolete I can't fulfil objectives

Post by Stylesjl »

When playing in survival or entrepreneur mode you get goals to start selling certain products, however not all of the products are goals from the start, however as you fulfil objectives more products are added to the list.

This can cause a problem - some products become technologically obsolete such as Mobile Phones - as a result it is impossible to sell that product and therefore impossible to fulfil the goal. An example is the attached save game where I have to sell Mobile Phones and Camera Phones - but I can't since Smart Phones have made them obsolete.

It made be worthwhile for obsolete products to not be set as goals - but also do obsolete products really have to be completely unsalable? I think there should always be a market, even if it is a very small market. It seems a bit ridiculous that literally no-one will buy a Mobile/Camera Phone even when it is being sold for one cent.
Attachments
Goals.zip
(3.73 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
Goals.png
Goals.png (46.09 KiB) Viewed 155 times
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: If products are obsolete I can't fulfil objectives

Post by cantdownloadit »

I would agree "Being obsolete" should lead to a reduction in demand, but not zero demand.

I know people who use none smart phones even now.. Retro gaming/CRT TV's would be a prime example, while they are technically obsolete, there is a healthy market, so if you had a warehouse full of CRT TV's someone would buy them.

but if they are going to keep as is, the goal's need to auto update to change to whatever made the product obsolete.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: If products are obsolete I can't fulfil objectives

Post by David »

This has been fixed. Please download the new patch v9.1.65 from viewtopic.php?t=9424