Buy and Sell stock among subsidiary/group companies without going public

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

Allow trading of shares without going public?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:52 pm

Yes, but we set the frequency limit and value
64%
No, the stock market is sufficient
9%
Maybe, I want to see if the developers will suggest it can be done or not
27%
Absolutely, your suggestions are always relevant to the game
No votes

Total votes: 11

Anathelus

Buy and Sell stock among subsidiary/group companies without going public

Post by Anathelus »

Title
But as a question, with yes or no as the answer
The listing of a company inflates its value which makes it difficult to acquire a specific percentage share in it, I just want to distribute shares evenly among corporate groups to share risk and profit.
Therefore the alternative is to allow us to buy shares of companies like how the CPU approaches the player to purchase shares back from them, but without having to list or make stock market trades. To offset the advantage, the trades have a set percentage commission fee, set by the player (difficulty), and there can also be a limit on the number of trades per day/month/year. This is a simple true/false logic, in that if a certain value hasnt been met, the player is free to proceed. To add to the difficulty, the securites and exchanges commission fines your company for unfair/insider trading, if you do it too much, or benefit too highly from the trades.

On that note, we should be able to demand a counter offer like the AI does to us when they approach to buy shares, when you want to buy from them they demand extortionate sums, up to 100x the value per share, for a single trade, but not first greasing them up because they "don't want to sell their stock to you"
Finally, to add a regulatory aspect and layer of difficulty to the game, introduce accountants and lawyers, poorly skilled accounts produce erroneous balance sheets which can mislead the player, and the lawyers defend the player from randomly generated events that produce lawsuits that get the player sued, a payout for a claim, or no win/loss. All of these are daily occurances in the corporate world, somebody is always suing someone or someone is getting the numbers wrong... it can mean more news reports and stats in the game, which is what we are here for no? :D
maff
Level 3 user

Re: Buy and Sell stock among subsidiary/group companies without going public

Post by maff »

I don't know if I'm talking nonsense, but I think trading shares in a subsidiary that isn't on the stock market is too much, right?
Image Grupo no Telegram para BRs: https://t.me/captalismlab Image

Please, vote: viewtopic.php?p=40423#p40423