Seeking Input: Tender Offer

Banking and Finance DLC for Capitalism Lab

Do you want a Tender Offer feature?

Yes, it will improve the gameplay.
92%
No! it will ruin the gameplay balance. It is already possible to acquire any companies now, as long as you are willing to pay enough cash to AI shareholders to buy their shares.
8%

Total votes: 39

NickDD

Re: Seeking Input: Tender Offer

Post by NickDD »

Hi,
What happened with the tender offer? It has been more than 3 years now.

Will it be implemented in a DLC as an option? Tenders are core mechanics of today's business world.
Also this specific poll sits at 30 votes currently YES, and that one for the same topic is at 34 votes YES as well - https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... 3&start=10

Thanks
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

NickDD wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:47 pm Hi,
What happened with the tender offer? It has been more than 3 years now.

Will it be implemented in a DLC as an option? Tenders are core mechanics of today's business world.
Also this specific poll sits at 30 votes currently YES, and that one for the same topic is at 34 votes YES as well - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1653&start=10
Thanks
I asked the dev team. They told me that they would consider implementing this new feature but they need more concrete details on how it can be implemented without negatively impacting the gameplay balance.

In reference to my post on viewtopic.php?p=30678#p30678, there has been feedback from some users, but a clear consensus on the implementation is yet to emerge. I would suggest that those interested in seeing this feature implemented take the initiative to consolidate user feedback and establish a poll to determine the consensus of the user community.

Furthermore, we require more specific proposals regarding the user interface flow for implementing the tender offer feature – in essence, which UI options should be presented to the player, and how these UI elements should interact following the player's selection.

Thanks
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

i feel on its own it could just trivialise the taking over of AI firms.

Without a complicated system of government/ various anti competitive agencies and the like being involved as I think saffgee said.