Pop-up reminders/alerts with pause

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

Do you want this feature to be implemented?

Yes.
93%
No.
No votes
I don't care.
7%

Total votes: 14

FIIIIIG
Level 2 user

Pop-up reminders/alerts with pause

Post by FIIIIIG »

Hi,

I would love to have some sort of pop-up reminders in the game which would also pause the game when they pop-up. The reminders would allow players to set a date and a text.

The reminders should also allow to be set as recurring.

I would also love if the remainders would be configurable to occur when some event in the game occurs. For example a reminder based on the stages of the boom/bust cycles. I would love the game to show me a pop-up whenever the cycle changes or at least when depression occurs.

I would also love reminders/alerts for stock prices.

Lots of use cases.

Some other use cases:

For example, I would love to have an optional pop-up which would pause the game automatically at the first day of each new year. This pop-up would simply remind the player that a year has passed and it would be a good time to check the balance and income statements etc. Sometimes there is not much to do in the game and thus players run the game at full speed, potentially missing these critical dates (at least I do).

Another use case would be to check competition regularly, to repay debts at strategic points in time, to buy stocks at regular intervals etc. There is a lot of utility for reminders in this game in my opinion.

My whole point is that this is quite a sophisticated game and it can be difficult to keep track of everything all the time. This feature would help to make it more managable IMO.

What do you think, guys?

Have a lovely day.
CapitalismLabStory
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Pop-up reminders/alerts with pause

Post by CapitalismLabStory »

I like the idea, I believe it is very handy because the Notes section in Football Manager series is used for the exact same thing but to remind you when to scout etc.

I think even bank loan rate coz those annoyingly go very high very quickly especially when you in debt 😂

I just wanted to note, it would be nicer if once you click a button the game doesn't continue. Like when you go broke, the game stops until you are no longer broke but continue suddenly after that. If you were simulating at a speed for whatever reason it takes a second or two which may mean you lose out on shares etc (if you issued them). Don't know if it is just me :)
Yimmy
Level 3 user

Post by Yimmy »

Have you seen my old post for reminders and alerts that i just updated today? I have 23 positive votes. If you haven't already voted on it, you could get us one vote closer to implementation.
FIIIIIG
Level 2 user

Post by FIIIIIG »

Yimmy wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:55 am Have you seen my old post for reminders and alerts that i just updated today? I have 23 positive votes. If you haven't already voted on it, you could get us one vote closer to implementation.
Yep, already voted.