State ownership

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
djembe

State ownership

Post by djembe »

Here's my suggestion for how government/state enterprise could work.

Internally, the Government exists as another corporation within the game itself. The Cash on the Balance Sheet section is the Cash available to Corporation.

When you take office as Mayor, the player internally becomes CEO of the Corporation, and it can function like any other Corporation. You can create new subsidiaries, and invest in other businesses, and create firms. When you leave office, the control is given back to the new AI Mayor, who can sell shares or subsidiaries should they wish.
lowkeybavil
Level 3 user

Re: State ownership

Post by lowkeybavil »

I like the idea, however it is very much something that would fit under this suggestion
https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... =14&t=9069
djembe

Post by djembe »

It is similar but simpler. Especially as an initial Update it would be a perfect addition to the Game. I think we could start with this and move into your more complex thought.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I am pleased to inform you that the dev team has started working on the following new features:

1) The government can invest in stocks
2) The government can establish a new company and hire an executive to run it.
muncuss

Post by muncuss »

David wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:07 pm I am pleased to inform you that the dev team has started working on the following new features:

Lol i just created an account to suggest this and here you delivering good news :D
djembe

Post by djembe »

David wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:07 pm I am pleased to inform you that the dev team has started working on the following new features:

Good Day David, I have downloaded the latest 10.0 Update, and I couldn't find this feature. Will it be available in a future 10.0 release?
David

Post by David »

djembe wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:55 am

Good Day David, I have downloaded the latest 10.0 Update, and I couldn't find this feature. Will it be available in a future 10.0 release?
Please see the announced list of new features of version 10.0 at viewforum.php?f=10

While the dev team has started working on it, please be informed that above feature is not scheduled for version 10.0, as it is a major feature that will take a significant amount of time to implement. Also whether it will eventually be released depends on a lot of factors, including whether it works well with other aspects of the game or not, and whether it can deliver good gameplay without negatively affecting the gameplay balance of other aspects of the game, among many considerations.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

i think it would ultimately end up as a limited factor.

buying shares in other businesses wouldn't last that long as all the AI firms usually seek to buy all there stock back so this aspect would likely only be in game for short term.

being a share holder in a company, then investing in it trading with it while mayor would probably be somewhat controversial

is there one company or 15, one for each possible city ?-and if so do you have control over all 15 if they are all in your party? that would be a lot of extra "businesses" added to the game, and I cant see cities opening shops selling toilet paper and the like, - possibly with the service industry DLC there could be some income from services such as tourism/cultural stuff.
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:03 pm i think it would ultimately end up as a limited factor.

buying shares in other businesses wouldn't last that long as all the AI firms usually seek to buy all there stock back so this aspect would likely only be in game for short term.

being a share holder in a company, then investing in it trading with it while mayor would probably be somewhat controversial

is there one company or 15, one for each possible city ?-and if so do you have control over all 15 if they are all in your party? that would be a lot of extra "businesses" added to the game, and I cant see cities opening shops selling toilet paper and the like, - possibly with the service industry DLC there could be some income from services such as tourism/cultural stuff.
Yes, there are definitely a lot of gameplay issues with this approach and the above are very good examples why this feature may or may not be ever released.

I would encourage any users who would like to see this feature in CapLab to more actively discuss in this forum and suggest solutions to the gameplay issues.